I was an engineer at Hasbro for 20 years... - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Welcome, man! I live in Brazil and have my 2 AWE Strikers from my childhood - some of my favorites as well - and sure both are saggy!

Very nice of you to come aboard and share your knowledge!!!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Welcome aboard, Craig! It's an honor to have you post here.

Great insight into the design and creation of some of our favorite Gijoe vehicles. Alot of collectors (myself included) LOVE to learn about the behind the scenes work at Hasbro.

How long did you work on the toyline?

Again, thanks for posting and welcome!

-Peter

PS: As mentioned, be prepared for the deluge of emails & personal messages you will be getting for offers to buy, etc. Lot's 'o people get wacky over this stuff!
    ProjectPDD.com : The Definitive " Pimp Daddy Destro " Action Figure Resource

JoeIntel.com : The site for EVERYTHING G.I.Joe. From posters, lunchboxes & store displays to 3 3/4" 25th action figures, prototypes & international items. Get knowledgeable on the full range of 'Joe collectibles since the 80's & join up to the forums!

Always looking for unique packaged DESTRO items & all G.I.Joe preproduction items (artwork, prototypes, etc.). Contact me! I pay well!

Quote Originally Posted by hasbroengineer
    Currently my big sellers are the Playskool ball popper

Thanks for the welcome, I appreciate it.
    Craig

Well I want to thank you for the Ball Popper! My daughter just loves this toy! Oh and I also loved the AWE as a kid! (never had the others as a kid, but I do now!) Thanks for the fond memories!

Michael Richards
    Bulletman Big B
    All Hail DOB!!
    ALL HAIL DOB!!
    http://www.joelanta.com/dob.html

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The AWE Striker has always been one of my favorite GI Joe vehicles! I love the detail and flawless fit of all the parts, especially the removable engine and cover. Thank you so much making one of the more memorable and enjoyable toys of my childhood!
    I never think of the future...it comes soon enough.

Craig,

Forgot to mention...

I own 8 Green AWE's (1986) and 4 Black AWE's (2001).

The AWE was the 3rd GI Joe vehicle I got as a child. I got it on my 6th birthday in 1986. Crankcase was one of my most favorite figures. The AWE still has a special place in my heart for being one of the first toys I ever played with.

Thank you!

Tanner
    Vehicle Parts Need List || Weapons Need List || For Sale Thread
    ==================================================
    I played, ate and slept Joe as a kid and yet as an adult I still can't get enough of it! ! !

Question

I love the AWE Striker but theres always been one question about it.

If its designed to be 'All Weather and enviroments' how come the drivers were exposed to the wind,rain, snow etc. Shouldnt it have had a roof/windshield & doors?

Quote Originally Posted by Evilgenius
    I love the AWE Striker but theres always been one question about it.

If its designed to be 'All Weather and enviroments' how come the drivers were exposed to the wind,rain, snow etc. Shouldnt it have had a roof/windshield & doors?
    have you forgot the winter battle in gi joe the movie? It has awe strikers in the snow

Quote Originally Posted by hasbroengineer
    Currently my big sellers are the Playskool ball popper and the My Little Pony Good Morning Sunshine mechanized pony.
    I've got one of the Pony's wrapped and under the tree right now! Can I ask Pony questions? :0

Thanks for the AWE Striker! It was a wonderful toy for my father and I to play with when I was a kid. I currently have 6 of them, I think? Maybe more.

Very very cool of you to come to the boards to share in your memories and experiences. All of us are fans of gijoes. I loved the awe striker along with all of the joes.Do you start from scratch and create a vehicle of what you think people will like or does someone say I want a space shuttle or a dune buggy made then you go from there? How does it feel for you knowing 25 years later people still collect and love your toys and also how does it feel knowing hasbro still rereleases your design only in a different color? I bet its awesome seeing your design is still around after so long because its so well done. Thanks again for stopping by and if you could submit any pics that would be great..
    I just started my ebay store, take a look
    MY EBAY STORE<br>more to come soon
    Check out my ebay auctions as well MY EBAY AUCTIONS
    I was using searchforjoes for a while but found my old name.I am looking for moc figures and weapons, send me your lists!!!