I was an engineer at Hasbro for 20 years... - Page 5

yojoe.com

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thanks so much

What a weird circumstance:

I wondered if my colllection of AWE Strikers was worth anything nowadays. I put them on auction on E-Bay maybe 3 months ago.

I got no bids, for $0 dollars, and e-bay charged me for the effort. They never told me about that. Whatever. Now I know.

I checked again on e-bay, and via a check on a seller, I came upon your site.

Give me time and I will answer all questions.

Craig

btw, I'd love to get rid of the Defiant... It takes up too much space

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Like everyone else, I would like to welcome you to the forums and we thank you for doing this. Any behind the scenes info about the great GIJOE toys of the 80's is ALWAYS interesting and fascinating for us fans.

I look forward to all info you're able and have time to share.

I sincerely hope that everyone else here gives you room to breath and DON'T send you personal messages and especially don't call you. I think you're owed at least that much respect to just come back to this thread and answer what you can, when you can.

Thanks again.
    "Get a life will you people! I mean look at you, look at the way you're dressed. You there, you must be almost 30, have you ever kissed a girl?" - William Shatner

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Obiwanjacoby
    Also wondering if you left any personalized "marks" on your work.

For example, some Hasbro people left their names on co-pilot canopies or initials on some ordinance. Did you?

Also, are there any action figures that were sculpted using your likeness?

-PJ
    It is true that many of my friends left their "mark" on Hasbro toys. Ron Rudat is one of the most talented sculptors out there, and he made famous many people. It was my pleasure to work with him, but he never chose me for a subject. Too ordinary I guess .

Quote Originally Posted by Scrapiron-Scavanger
    Welcome!

So many questions, but I don't want to bombard you, so I just will ask one. From your inside knowledge of hasbro and your statement that China is now designing along with manufacturing, is that why Hasbro has been putting out sub-standard vehicles/figures for the past couple years?

BTW Gread job on the vehicles you designed!
    Hasbro laid me off, and my boss, and my bosses boss: the entire department of gone now.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by hasbroengineer

I wondered if my colllection of AWE Strikers was worth anything nowadays. I put them on auction on E-Bay maybe 3 months ago.

I got no bids, for $0 dollars, and e-bay charged me for the effort. They never told me about that. Whatever. Now I know.
    You tried to sell a bunch of sealed-in-box v.1 AWE Strikers, and got zero bids?

May I suggest that the next time you decide to sell, you might want to post on our buy/sell/trade Q&A thread. Maybe we can figure out what went wrong. You should have made bank on those, I don't understand what happened.

-PJ

Thank You

for all the years of enjoyment WE have all recieved because of your work.

And if you are looking to sell........this is the place to do it......

Thankyou

and good-health and god bless

I checked again on e-bay, and via a check on a seller, I came upon your site.

Give me time and I will answer all questions.

Craig

btw, I'd love to get rid of the Defiant... It takes up too much space

i'd like an autographed defiant
    Always wanted: Foreign figs, protos and test shots, and vs 1 BATs and parts.

I thought it might be fun to introduce myself and offer answers to whatever questions I can answer.
    Thanks for joining in, Mr. Selvage. It should prove very interesting to hear all that you have to contribute.

Exclamation Bling!

Quote Originally Posted by yo-man2
    i'd like an autographed defiant
    Good idea! Get a cert. of authenticity, autograph the box & everything! Go all-out! He'd clean up if he knew how to market it properly.

-PJ