I was an engineer at Hasbro for 20 years... - Page 6

yojoe.com

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    [QUOTE=spike]but doing that job does make you a hero

I always thought a hero was someone who put their life in jeopardy for others. Who knew you could be a hero designing a toy. Audie Murphy had it all wrong.. he should have designed the slinky..

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hero worship

[quote=Dreadnok4life]
    Quote Originally Posted by spike
    but doing that job does make you a hero

I always thought a hero was someone who put their life in jeopardy for others. Who knew you could be a hero designing a toy. Audie Murphy had it all wrong.. he should have designed the slinky..
    While I personally would agree that heroes are those that jeopardise their lifes, and thus are often unsung, it could be argued that those who live the hopes and dreams of others are elevated to the level of hero. The perfect example of this is the hero worship accorded to sports stars and actors.
    I am certain that most Joe fans have fantasised or wished they were somehow involved in the creative process giving one who has done this, and is prepared to discuuss it with fans, a certain status.
    ps I thought Audie Murphy did invent the slinky, or was it Mr Potato Head?
    "Empty yourself of ego, ambition, attachment and fixed ideas about the way the world is. It is ... as it is.
    Come to terms with this Truth (it is as it is) and life can be faced with tranquility and be neither pessimistic nor optimistic but realistic."

[quote=Dreadnok4life]
    Quote Originally Posted by spike
    . Audie Murphy had it all wrong.. he should have designed the slinky..
    Yeah, he was great in Coming to America.
    Specializing in the illest shiznata for more than 5 years:
    http://stores.ebay.com/Guts-the-Bers...3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

You did a great job on these vehicles/playsets when you designed them. I especially love the defiant space shuttle complex due to its size and popularity, recently I just got the two figures from that playset

I was recently talking with another member here about the Defiant, having never seen one myself, I was told that many parts of it have the same details as parts from other vehicles. I was wondering, did you use parts from other vehicles to mold a whole piece for the Defiant? (I think it was the gantry he was talking about, but I can't exactly remember)

Quote Originally Posted by Obiwanjacoby
    Good idea! Get a cert. of authenticity, autograph the box & everything! Go all-out! He'd clean up if he knew how to market it properly.

-PJ

i agree. but id split it up per vehicle. put it on a 10 day auction. id for sure bid to get one of these pieces as long as someone was kind enough to let me know when he did it................

problem is we couldn't tell cause that would be outting an auction which i have been told is frowned upon here

I think the certificate is a good idea but I would not autograph the box unless requested by the buyer.
    Specializing in the illest shiznata for more than 5 years:
    http://stores.ebay.com/Guts-the-Bers...3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm

Quote Originally Posted by gutstheberserker
    I think the certificate is a good idea but I would not autograph the box unless requested by the buyer.
    Well, then how would you keep from getting it mixed up with all the other sealed Defiants?

-PJ

Quote Originally Posted by Obiwanjacoby
    Well, then how would you keep from getting it mixed up with all the other sealed Defiants?

-PJ
    Why, DNA testing of course!