I was an engineer at Hasbro for 20 years... - Page 9

yojoe.com

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 164
  1. #81

    Hello

    If it is not to much to ask can you tell us what else you had your hands in creating. Also do you have any unproduced creations that can be added to the archives.

  2. Remove Advertisements

    Advertisements
     

  3. #82

    Why Does A Hasbro Engineer Add to the Price Of this item?????

    Hey:
    I just wanted to say thanks Craig for all your insight and creativity that went into some of my most loved gi joe items. My question is why is this awe striker you have on ebay right now over $300? Other than your word and a piece of paper this is the same unopened gi joe item everyone got off the line in 1985. I mean I bought ten line samples from a hasbro designer/worker named Larry Brackett like 5 years ago and never thought they would be worth anything more than the regular issue. Maybe I should have gotten documentation for them and maybe I still can. I was just curious, for all you misb joe collectors out there, why this would be worth so much? I mean its at $300+ now with many days left. It would be ridiculous for it to reach like $500 because to be honest Craig even with your link to it its not worth it. I apologize if I'm offending anyone, but we have to be somewhat sane with what amounts we will pay for rather common pieces.

    Jeremy
    He's the Master of Disguise-Zartan!!!

  4. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by zartanmaniac
    Hey:
    I just wanted to say thanks Craig for all your insight and creativity that went into some of my most loved gi joe items. My question is why is this awe striker you have on ebay right now over $300? Other than your word and a piece of paper this is the same unopened gi joe item everyone got off the line in 1985. I mean I bought ten line samples from a hasbro designer/worker named Larry Brackett like 5 years ago and never thought they would be worth anything more than the regular issue. Maybe I should have gotten documentation for them and maybe I still can. I was just curious, for all you misb joe collectors out there, why this would be worth so much? I mean its at $300+ now with many days left. It would be ridiculous for it to reach like $500 because to be honest Craig even with your link to it its not worth it. I apologize if I'm offending anyone, but we have to be somewhat sane with what amounts we will pay for rather common pieces.

    Jeremy

    I think the reason it's going so high is because Craig is the one that designed it. It's one thing to get a toy off the line from an employee of Hasbro, but to some people, it's a whole new ballgame when it comes from the person who made the toy themselves. But that's just my theory

  5. Remove Advertisements

    Advertisements
     

  6. #84
    I think the reason it cleared $300 had very little to do with the letter and more to do with the fact that its sealed and in good condition. Jeremy, you make a great point about it being fairly common though. I know of at least 2 AFA examples and have seen 5 or so sealed ones on ebay in the last year alone.
    Specializing in the illest shiznata for more than 5 years:
    http://stores.ebay.com/Guts-the-Bers...3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm

  7. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by gutstheberserker
    I think the reason it cleared $300 had very little to do with the letter and more to do with the fact that its sealed and in good condition. Jeremy, you make a great point about it being fairly common though. I know of at least 2 AFA examples and have seen 5 or so sealed ones on ebay in the last year alone.
    Second nod in acquiescence. The current (and future) price for the AWE Striker has everything to do with condition. It is almost exceedingly difficult to find vehicle+figure sets from series 1-4 in a condition equal to or better than "case fresh." Compared to these vehicles, carded figures are a dime a dozen (after all, when was the last time you saw a sealed, near mint-mint vehicle+figure set from series 1-4?).

  8. #86
    Hi Craig, I'd like to thank you very much for the cool vehicles you have designed! I only recently got the Defiant complex... Wow. This beast just blows me away! As for the AWE Striker, its a classic and I have more than I can count! Finally, the Avalanche, this vehicle was so cool it prompted me to buy a MIB one which I'm planning on customizing in camo colours. Not that there is anything wrong with the Artic colours of the Avalanche, but its just so cool, I need one in camo colours, for more everyday day Joe use, rather than seasonal!

    I'd be happy to post pics to show you the finished the product if you'd like.

    Again, thank you for sharing your insight

    G.I.*Jock aka Dave

  9. #87

    Well I Guess The Craziness Has been Unleashed!!!!

    Did anyone see how much that awe striker misb went for on ebay? I'm not sure if yosh-boy is a yo joe member, but he ought to be thrashed about the bum for paying over $1,000 for an awe striker misb. Hey Yosh-boy if you're out there I've got one in better shape for $500. I hope at $1,000 it will be delivered in person by the hasbro engineer and will come with a free dinner or something.
    The Craziness!!!!!!

    Jeremy
    He's the Master of Disguise-Zartan!!!

  10. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by zartanmaniac
    Did anyone see how much that awe striker misb went for on ebay? I'm not sure if yosh-boy is a yo joe member, but he ought to be thrashed about the bum for paying over $1,000 for an awe striker misb. Hey Yosh-boy if you're out there I've got one in better shape for $500. I hope at $1,000 it will be delivered in person by the hasbro engineer and will come with a free dinner or something.
    The Craziness!!!!!!

    Jeremy
    While I couldn't and wouldn't have paid that much myself, I do think that the person who bought it probably thought it was worth every penny and possibly more. You may have one in prinstine shape, but it doesn't have the unique history that goes behind the one that was offered and that obviously counts for a lot and is what makes all the difference.
    I never think of the future...it comes soon enough.

  11. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by zartanmaniac
    Did anyone see how much that awe striker misb went for on ebay? I'm not sure if yosh-boy is a yo joe member, but he ought to be thrashed about the bum for paying over $1,000 for an awe striker misb. Hey Yosh-boy if you're out there I've got one in better shape for $500. I hope at $1,000 it will be delivered in person by the hasbro engineer and will come with a free dinner or something.
    The Craziness!!!!!!

    Jeremy

    well lets see why it reached it the price it did?

    1:it was uncirculated,right off of the assembly line never boxed up in a shipping carton,etc. you say you have one better then that ZM but do you?i doubt it since i imagine there are very few if many more in uncirculated condition.

    2:it has a certificate of authenticity from the designer,how many of those are out there? just 1 so that makes this piece very unique indeed.

  12. #90
    Member whitedalek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Summerfield, Florida
    Posts
    2,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth
    While I couldn't and wouldn't have paid that much myself, I do think that the person who bought it probably thought it was worth every penny and possibly more. You may have one in prinstine shape, but it doesn't have the unique history that goes behind the one that was offered and that obviously counts for a lot and is what makes all the difference.
    I agree. If somebody wants to pay alot for an item, then it's their business. Being mocked for buying a high-end item tends to make those people not post about their extremely rare items that they've got.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •