I was an engineer at Hasbro for 20 years... - Page 8

yojoe.com

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    As with comics, an autograph generally devalues the item unless it is something like CGC Signature Series. With something like the Defiant, there were hundreds of people that contributed to its design and production unlike a single actor signing his own action figure. I personally would not bid on the item if the box itself was autographed because I would not be buying it for his signature but for the sealed item. That's why I suggested that he leave it up to the buyer, so that he can maximize the amount he gets by not eliminating potential bidders.
    Specializing in the illest shiznata for more than 5 years:
    http://stores.ebay.com/Guts-the-Bers...3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gutstheberserker
    As with comics, an autograph generally devalues the item unless it is something like CGC Signature Series. With something like the Defiant, there were hundreds of people that contributed to its design and production unlike a single actor signing his own action figure. I personally would not bid on the item if the box itself was autographed because I would not be buying it for his signature but for the sealed item. That's why I suggested that he leave it up to the buyer, so that he can maximize the amount he gets by not eliminating potential bidders.
    I would never think of signing a package. It would totally destroy the "virgin" value. I offered one of my A.W.E. Strikers on e-bay this morning, with a letter certifying that:

I am the engineer
    I pulled it from the first week of production within the first week of production.
    It was never opened. and stored in my closet for some 20 years, and the tape was never removed from the box.

I will include a letter attesting to the above facts, notarized.

This item is now on e-bay and my name is 88RR20.

Craig

Could you provide a link to the auction?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Are the 4 sealed ones you have all in the same condition? And do you plan on listing all 4?
    Specializing in the illest shiznata for more than 5 years:
    http://stores.ebay.com/Guts-the-Bers...3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm

A.W.E. Striker

I have put my best exaple on e-bay...flawless, with my letter, notarized,

you should have listed it in the actionfigure, gijoe, 3 3.4 gijoe category
    Always wanted: Foreign figs, protos and test shots, and vs 1 BATs and parts.

AWE Striker

Quote Originally Posted by yo-man2
    you should have listed it in the actionfigure, gijoe, 3 3.4 gijoe category
    I have no idea... you can see that I have only 2 purcases on e-bay and no sales, Spread the word!

You've got 6.5 days to bid on a most special item.

I'm sorry that it will have to wait until tomorrow for the Q&A. I had to work late.

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by hasbroengineer
    I have no idea... you can see that I have only 2 purcases on e-bay and no sales, Spread the word!

You've got 6.5 days to bid on a most special item.

I'm sorry that it will have to wait until tomorrow for the Q&A. I had to work late.

Craig

Craig I wouldn't worry about having to spread the word. Jeff and Trent already are bidding over each other to get this thing. In fact, don't be surprised if either e-mails you directly and tries to pry one of the other 4 out of ya.

Anyways, good luck selling them and be sure to keep one of the 5 for yourself, gotta keep it for the memories!

Tanner
    Vehicle Parts Need List || Weapons Need List || For Sale Thread
    ==================================================
    I played, ate and slept Joe as a kid and yet as an adult I still can't get enough of it! ! !

i was going to bid but once it hit that 200 mark it got out of my league.