Spirit vs. Storm Shadow

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Spirit vs. Storm Shadow

I was watching my G.I. Joe DVD's today and I noticed that Spirit and Storm Shadow seem to have an on going rivalry. I was just wondering what happened between the two of them besides the fact that they are enemies. Because this seems to be more than the usual I am a G.I. Joe and you are a Cobra clash. Thanks,

-Lewis
    I collect 1983-94 G.I. Joe action figures, vehicles, accessories, & file cards. I also collect G.I. Joe comic books, and 2004 Wizards of the Coast G.I. Joe Trading Card Game trading cards.

My Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/wanted/87578...st-buying.html

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

They just have respect for each other. I guess it's a cultural thing on both ends.
    They always had close battles that ended in "draws"
    Maybe Stormy sought after Spirit to battle again to prove he's better
    Last edited by Patrick A. Riley; 12-10-2005 at 11:44 AM.
    My G.I. Joe Store
    $1.99 or less bargains! (with low prices in ALL categories)
    --» Wanted

once quick kick was created the spirit storm shadow thing pretty much ended

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I think it was a mutal respect between warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by spike
    I have never noticed that before. I will have to pay closer attention to the episodes next time I watch them.

-Lewis
    I collect 1983-94 G.I. Joe action figures, vehicles, accessories, & file cards. I also collect G.I. Joe comic books, and 2004 Wizards of the Coast G.I. Joe Trading Card Game trading cards.

My Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/wanted/87578...st-buying.html

You know, I think that there was actually an "incident" or other that supposedly happened in the pre-cartoon continuum that sparked a rivalry between them. Of course, I cannot remember the cartoon or dialogue where this occurs.

I always figured it was because Snake-Eyes couldn't speak, and the cartoon directors still wanted to include some type of mystical martial arts appeal of that nature - so they used Spirit.

Just my opinion.

they also had to work together to survive

Quote Originally Posted by spike
    Quick Kick (a movie stuntman for cying out loud), beating Storm Shadow in the cartoon was one of the lamest things i've ever seen. Actually, the entire Pyramids Of Darkness miniseries was lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleak5170
    Quick Kick (a movie stuntman for cying out loud), beating Storm Shadow in the cartoon was one of the lamest things i've ever seen. Actually, the entire Pyramids Of Darkness miniseries was lame.
    Yep, I have to agree. Don't get me wrong, I love the cartoons. Nothing takes me back to being a kid like watching my Rhino joe dvd's. I could accept Storm Shadow and Spirit's rivalry in the cartoon because they both view themselves as warriors. But they jumped the shark when Quick Kick is allowed to defeat Storm Shadow. And doesn't he usually say lines from movies while fighting? What a joke.

I heard somewhere that Larry Hama didn't like the idea of QK beating Stormy either, and had Stormy get his revenge in the comics.
    "that's the way baseball go"

Quote Originally Posted by Bleak5170
    He got in one good kick... that's it. The rest of the time Quick Kick got his butt handed to him by Stormy... in the episode Excaliber Storm Shadow nearly broke Quick Kick's ankle.

Most of the other times Storm Shadow took out the Joes easily.