Removing leftover decal residue???

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Removing leftover decal residue???

Hello all,
    I'm trying to remove some of the sticky stuff off of the plastic surface where the decals were. Light soap and water is a no go. It seems like the stuff has dried on from sun-baking and collected some lint and grime. My intention is to clean the area to reapply some aftermarket decals. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by ChanceB; 12-20-2005 at 01:51 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ChanceB
    Hello all,
    Goo-Gone and/or masking tape. Goo-Gone can be found easily at retail but you may want to try pulling the residue of with masking tape first.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Racer
    Goo-Gone and/or masking tape. Goo-Gone can be found easily at retail but you may want to try pulling the residue of with masking tape first.
    Sorry.. Posted early... I'll try that!! Thanks!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Goo-Gone is the best stuff out there for these kinds of things. I use the stuff a lot. It takes price tags off like they were nothing.
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

I've used it to make a yellow sticky skystriker look white again (The stickers were what made it yellow, goo gone didn't take sun fading away) But be careful! If there are any stickers on there you want to keep, goo gone will take the paint right off of them and then you'll just have a shiny clear piece of tape

try some adhesive remover
    what happen to the american dream it came true your lookin at it

Just make sure you get Goo Gone and not Goof-Off. Goof-Off has it uses (removing paint from figures) but is serious overkill for removing stickers. I made this mistake a long time ago...

I was going to say lighter fluid (seriously) because I know it works, but if the experts say goo-gone than go with that.

I used to use lighter fluid and it was decent enough. Goo Gone however works so much better for me.
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

i like to use this stuff called orange blast. its getting harder to find though. it works great on stickers and other crud on vehicles. will also take road grime off your tailpipes without hurting the chrome. it leaves a light citrus smell but that goes away in a day.