"Ask Cobra Commander" updated at Hasbro.com

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"Ask Cobra Commander" updated at Hasbro.com

Hasbro....er....C.C. responds to a few more fan questions.

http://www.hasbro.com/gijoe/rah/defa...nforum_answers

Saw this posted elsewhere, but not here.

Some interesting tidbits, some "news" I found disappointing.

Looks like Sigma Six's kid aimed ASK DUKE was also updated.

http://www.hasbro.com/gijoe/default....nforum_answers
    Last edited by Bravo; 12-20-2005 at 09:15 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

one of my questions is on there!!!!!!!!
    thats so cool

Q: I’m asking to be an observer/researcher to let the designers/marketers know exactly what the people want to see, can your COBRA spies plant this information for me?

A: My spies at Hasbro can get information out, but not sneak it in. Thanks for the offer…we are recruiting COBRA troopers if you are looking for a new profession.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Some very cool info on that. I guess we should be expecting Munitia, Steel Brigade, the contest winner figure, and a mail away figure. Very cool.

On the downside, it doesn't look good for Dreadnok fans or vehicle fans

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    No new mech = WEAK! And still no wave 3 at HTS.
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

The answer was quite vague.

If the line lasts until the next Convention, I bet they unveil a few vehicles. By then maybe the current ones will be sold out. Basically, what they could do is release all the hew ones they have tooling for (maybe 3 or 4 vehicles)....then what? Repaints? Because there's no way they'd make all new vehicles for online only.

Still, if they did more sets with vintage RAH figures and vehicles like Operation Crimson Sabotage or the Vamp, I think those would be winners. You don't see frenzy over the DTC vehicles that accompanied the OCS set. It was a winner. Why no sequels???? They wouldn't even have to do the wacky window box, twist-tie madness packaging, either.

I could see them never making a new sculpt Buzzer, if the line ends with wave 4.

my two cents

I was beginning to wonder about that flag point thing. I have like a few hundred of these and have yet to use them. I have flag points from tthe very beginning when I started collecting in 84 that's a lot of flag points!!!

ttfndude

Quote Originally Posted by Magna Prime
    Some very cool info on that. I guess we should be expecting Munitia, Steel Brigade, the contest winner figure, and a mail away figure. Very cool.

On the downside, it doesn't look good for Dreadnok fans or vehicle fans
    I still say they'll prolly release Munitia as an imposter Steel Brigade figure But it might be cool to have Munitia, Steel Brigade and the contest figure as a 3 pack mail in

Things are looking pretty bleak for DTC right now. No more vehicles, no Buzzer to round out the new sculpt 'noks, and then they raise the prices....

From My perspective, the raising of the price is a good thing (Sucks that we have to pay it though) But if the line was doing as bad as we fear then they would slash all the prices to get rid of left over stock and stop making toys, but with prices going up, that could mean that they see they can make money at this and will continue to make DTC figures....Just my opinion