Road Pig Prototype

yojoe.com

Road Pig Prototype

I won a ninja commando Road Pig prototype figure on ebay about a month ago and a few members have asked if i would be interested in trading some castings from this figure.I would be more than happy to do this for some castings of other unproduced figures to add to my collection.The problem i have is i never casted any parts before and the friend i have is currently out of town training to become a police officer.He said he would have no problem doing this from his past experience doing warhammer castings.I would try to do it myself but a little worried i my damage the figure or not use the right material and produce a shoddy product.If you are interested let me know and what you have to trade.I'm not interested in selling these parts to make money but share these with people like myself who love GI Joe and would like to make a custom of a unproduced figure to add to their collections.Any suggestions on what to use and how to cast these pieces would be great otherwise i'll have to wait until next month until my buddy gets back in town

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

For the love of gawd, PLEASE do not start making casts of unproduced prototypes. The last thing we need is realistic fakes of these on the market. While your initial intentions may be good i can guarantee you that down the road, these items will end up in the hands of scammers and someone will get ripped off. It HAS happened before, and it will happen again.

Please, think of the special history and integrity of these types of items and the protection of the community before you go and do something like this. Fakes and repros do nothing but harm the community in the long run.
    Your Toys...Our Tattoos
    http://www.tattoosandtoys.com

On the contrary, please DO make castings! While the chance for fraud does exist, the benefit to the community far outweighs any minor concerns there. Honestly, if you're going to drop a ton of cash on a rare or unproduced figure you should buy from a reputable dealer who can guarantee it's autheticity. Repros like "Project 95" and casts of the Ninja Commandos give those of us who don't feel the need to drop hundreds or thousands of dollars for a single figure the chance to add an unproduced figure to their collection. No it'll never be valuable or a true collectible, but it's still a neat piece to own.

And in this case, if you're that concerned about a fraudulent figure ruining the "integrity" of the originals, then you'd better buy up all the Movie Edition Liu-Kang figures, because it's the same body, and with an original Road Pig head and a quick repaint, you could have essentially the same thing. I've got one on my shelf right now as a matter of fact.
    I need a 2000 Battle Armor Cobra Commander head.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnokbob
    I won a ninja commando Road Pig prototype figure on ebay about a month ago and a few members have asked if i would be interested in trading some castings from this figure.I would be more than happy to do this for some castings of other unproduced figures to add to my collection.The problem i have is i never casted any parts before and the friend i have is currently out of town training to become a police officer.He said he would have no problem doing this from his past experience doing warhammer castings.I would try to do it myself but a little worried i my damage the figure or not use the right material and produce a shoddy product.If you are interested let me know and what you have to trade.I'm not interested in selling these parts to make money but share these with people like myself who love GI Joe and would like to make a custom of a unproduced figure to add to their collections.Any suggestions on what to use and how to cast these pieces would be great otherwise i'll have to wait until next month until my buddy gets back in town
    Hey Bob,
    I'm actually one of the people that PM'd you about this recently. I too am not really in the practice of doing this for money but I also have a nice collection of unreleased figures and could trade you a set of castings for a set of your Road Pig ones. Now if you think your friend would be really good at doing thism then I would probably hold off until he can. There is no need to rush in to a project of this nature, and you would never want to damage a proto. I would say though that when you do this figure as I originally suggested in the first thread about it, I would NOT completely dissasemble this figure, I would make castings of each leg 1 at a time, and the waist piece while it is still sttacthed to the body. We all have access to the torso and head already, and in the event you break this figures O-Ring you will not be able to put it back together properlly. So just something to think about, if you want to private message me with a list of what unreleased figures you have available for casting and I'll send you the same, hopefully we can work something out, thanks!
    -Adam

Smile

I'm with Tattoo Shane on this one, though maybe not quite so strongly. A prototype is something special, something unique - a centerpiece in many collections. It's something that takes some time and effort to find, but means more to the collector because of the hunt. If you want knock offs, go to Wal Mart & buy some corps figures - paint or carve them to look like whoever you want. If you want something that has some GI Joe history molded into it, be patient & save your nickels! Instead of recasting these parts & possibly creating confusion with authenticity, use him in some good dios, & post them here! That way everybody can enjoy your fig, & the chance of somebody being taken to the cleaners, no matter how good your intentions were to begin were, are pretty much gone.

It is your fig, & you can do whatever you want with it, but just give it some consideration first, no matter what you decide.
    This is where my signature would be if I had something to say.