Strange things you've witnessed your pet eat. - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I think it's great when you feed a dog peanut butter!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

My female dog used to eat cat turds.

Other than that they will eat literally anything...even something as bland as lettuce. They also love popcorn.
    Sinnister

The master race is made of plastic and only 3 3/4 inches tall

WANT LIST

Not food but my cat use to eat whole crickets and ear wax. Bathroom trash can was a small low lvl kind.
    The path of collecting is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil scalpers. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the lost through the valley of aisles. For he is truly his brothers keeper by leaving one on the peg and I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers collection, and you will know I am a true collector when lay my vengeance upon thee.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sinnister
    My female dog used to eat cat turds.
    Tootsie rolls! LOL Our Rottie/Corgi mix hasn't done it lately, but we used to have to shoo her out of the litter box.

The sad story - we adopted her at two, she apparently had been badly beaten and left outside in 120-degree weather, and apparently not fed very well. I'm guessing they beat her when she went in the house, because the first week we had her, she peed on the carpet and we were horrified to find her trying to clean it up!

The good part - she's MUCH better now. We've had her for a year and a half, and she knows she's got it good.

As far as strange stuff she eats (besides cat turds) - she LOVES poop-on-a-shingle (creamed chipped beef on toast). We put a full plate on the kitchen floor and she had it licked up in under two minutes. Hysterical! Didn't cause any digestive problems, either.

Our CATS, on the other hand, will try just about anything, including the still-wrapped 5-pound package of ground beef we left thawing on the kitchen counter. They chewed through the cellophane to get to the beef...

Remember those toy guns that shot those plastic pellets? Our first dog would eat those, and they would end up in her turds. She also loved ice cream.
    "that's the way baseball go"

When I was a little brat, we had a mastiff that would break into the chicken coupe and eat eggs - and then a few days of trying to pass the egg shells through. He spent a couple of days howling doing that and never broke in for the eggs again.
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

Quote Originally Posted by orionlukteel
    Our CATS, on the other hand, will try just about anything, including the still-wrapped 5-pound package of ground beef we left thawing on the kitchen counter. They chewed through the cellophane to get to the beef...
    my sisters cat tore apart a box of chiken in a biskit crackers. Through the box and through the wrapper and ate every last craker

Oh yeah...I forgot. We dont need a fly-swatter with my male boxer. He just snatches them out of mid flight and eats them.
    Sinnister

The master race is made of plastic and only 3 3/4 inches tall

WANT LIST

My Dog

My last Dog. Rueben.. He ate most things.. he particularly like to keep tea bags in his mouth.. and used to drain whatever was left in them... we used to find shrivelled tea bags in his bed.

My sisters dog Apollo once eaten the kids easter eggs.. not just the chocolate but the cardboard and the wrapping as well..

Our current dog Rio will eat anything.. he's not six months old yet.. and he's bigger than my sisters dog Apollo (whos 6 years)
    He drinks lager and eats anything you give him.

Also when Rueben was alive he once swollowed a chip muffin whole.. like without munching through.. it.. .. he lifted his head up.. (almost crocodile like).. and just swollowed it whole.. it was like something out of Anaconda film or sommat..
    Nem
    I sometimes.... can be awesome?

When my folks moved into their new house years ago, there was a small peach tree in the backyard. This thing was barely more than sapling size, but it did have a couple of fruits on it. We tied our Rottweilers up outside, b/c the weather was nice, and left for a few hours. Upon return, Gretchen, who had been tied up within reach of the tree, had chewed it down to a stump! We always knew she was kind of stupid, but we never thought she'd eat a tree.