Mainframe's Computer Case, Is It Still Usable?

yojoe.com

Question Mainframe's Computer Case, Is It Still Usable?

The recent ToyFare magazine with the G.I. Joe collection got me thinking about this. I've always liked Mainframe and his original Joe figure design. Mainframe's computer may have looked state of the art in the mid-'80s, but can it still be used today?

I think it could be. All that needs to be done is for us to assume that it holds the most state of the art, not even available to researchers at computer companies, computer technology. All of that is then built into a sturdy case that is suitable for combat conditions.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Right, you can stick a computer into practically anything. I saw this one dude that turned an old Millenium Falcon Playset into a "tower" for his PC.

-PJ

aw the best was some dude build a huge tiefighter as a computer desk, the computer moniter was on top of the cockpit and the interior of the cockpit had the computer built into it and lit up at night......
    Always wanted: Foreign figs, protos and test shots, and vs 1 BATs and parts.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I see no reason not to keep using it Mike. The US military doesnt use Bazookas, M16A1's, M79's, and a slew of other items joes are equipped with...especially the 80's versions.
    Sinnister

The master race is made of plastic and only 3 3/4 inches tall

WANT LIST

Quote Originally Posted by sinnister
    I see no reason not to keep using it Mike. The US military doesnt use Bazookas, M16A1's, M79's, and a slew of other items joes are equipped with...especially the 80's versions.
    But the Millitary seems to never get rid of old technology. They still use tape computers, crank phones, plus multiple other technologies from the 50s and 60s, which most of is EMP proof. So I could still see Mainframe using it for to repair the old stuff.
    "JOIN COBRA! Our Uniforms are COOLER!"

MY G.I. JOE STORE, CHECK IT OUT!

My Home/Trade Pages!

Well if you have a very vivid imagination yes........ just think that it is big because , it holds 20 times that amount of memory that any laptop can hold, and can take and for of software., aswell as being able to communicate anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave Viper
    Well if you have a very vivid imagination yes........ just think that it is big because , it holds 20 times that amount of memory that any laptop can hold, and can take and for of software., aswell as being able to communicate anywhere.
    and its also armored

Quote Originally Posted by Scrapiron-Scavanger
    But the Millitary seems to never get rid of old technology. They still use tape computers, crank phones, plus multiple other technologies from the 50s and 60s, which most of is EMP proof. So I could still see Mainframe using it for to repair the old stuff.
    I agree...thats why I said I see no reason to go ahead and use it. Besides...I like those old crank phones. I used to use them to electrocute mice that were unlucky enough to decide to make my bunker home.
    Sinnister

The master race is made of plastic and only 3 3/4 inches tall

WANT LIST

As far as portable computers for the Military.the use Panasomoc Toughbooks.
    An incredably durable laptop. Most police cars have them as well
    LOOKING FOR THE FOLLOWING FIGURES
    Carded Canadian and Brazilian Flash

Quote Originally Posted by TURNA
    As far as portable computers for the Military.the use Panasomoc Toughbooks.
    An incredably durable laptop. Most police cars have them as well
    Yeah I have seen the Crew Chiefs on the Blackhawks use them to Check Flight systems. They are pretty durable man; because I have seen a few bounce around.