Uss Flagg question..

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Uss Flagg question..

Not sure if this is the rightplace for this question, but here goes..

I was looking at a old folder (85) and saw the Uss Flagg with stripes on the deckpieces to make it one smooth deckpiece..
    Anybody know something about that?
    Or is this one of those custom made things for the folders only?

Thanks, Oldschooljoe.

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
    Crap in a hat..

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'm not sure which stripes you are referring to.. I went upstairs and unboxed my deck pieces and they pretty much look the same unless I am not looking at the right things. Could you be a little more speciffic as to which stripes you are talking about?

I think he is talking about the thin peices of plastic that hide the seams of each conecting deck peice on the top of the deck itself.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

mine didn't come with any. I honestly don't think any of the FLAGGs did (could be wrong though). If you wanted to hide the seams, I would use black molding strips. Just trim them down to the width you need and go from there.

Never got those with my Flagg. Now you bring it up I always question that when I was a kid.
    The path of collecting is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil scalpers. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the lost through the valley of aisles. For he is truly his brothers keeper by leaving one on the peg and I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers collection, and you will know I am a true collector when lay my vengeance upon thee.

Yup, I was talking about the stripes to hide the seams.

I have a loose and a mib Flagg, but they don't have that.
    Must be a demo or prototype then..Just like for example the handpainted Recondo from Tiger Force..
    Crap in a hat..

I'm guessing it is a prototype. The strip doesnt look wide enough/long enough to cover the holes for all the deck clips.(although I'm at work and cant compare the pic to my flagg's deck). Perhaps this was a way they were going to use to connect the deck before deciding to go with the clips.
    Sinnister

The master race is made of plastic and only 3 3/4 inches tall

WANT LIST

Interesting...it also claims that it comes with two arrestor hooks.
    Sinnister

WANT LIST

If you look closely, you can see the support "b" and "c" are solid and there is no secondary truss support.
    The hullside lookes different aswell.
    Come to think of it...the front deckpiece and decals are also different...No black in the 66 and no lining for the decals.
    Crap in a hat..

you're right. The only supports I have seen have looked like trusses instead of solid. That is supposed to be a 99, not a 66.

One thing is fur sure....there is atleast one of these out there somewhere!
    Sinnister

WANT LIST