changing vehicle factions - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange
    Even though the F-14 was flown by Iran.
    What other hostile nations fly our jets?

I use the RHINO with Nightwatch Troopers and Pit Vipers, I also use a Locust for my Cobra recon squad, here is a pic. Most of my Cobras drive Gi Joe vehicles, you gotta admit Joes have the best rides.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Viper Commander
    What other ... nations fly our jets? ....
    I was wondering the same, the site http://www.zap16.com/mil%20fact/02%2...itary_fact.htm is good, if ya don't mind pop-ups, I just found this one on a search, gives info anyway. Janes had one but I can't find it.

For changing factions, the Cobra night landing is used by my joes. As is the '97 or '98 navy mission repaint. This is how the joes sneak into places via water.
    Cobra could sneak, but they usually stick to Hydro Sleds launched from the decks of Morays after dark.....

Mine wasn't as much changing factions as in corporating in other toys I really liked from other lines. I remember that ED-209 from Robocop was a heavy assualt BAT and my Dreadnoks drove a Mad Max look alike dump truck from Steel Monsters.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Viper Commander
    What other hostile nations fly our jets?

I use the RHINO with Nightwatch Troopers and Pit Vipers, I also use a Locust for my Cobra recon squad, here is a pic. Most of my Cobras drive Gi Joe vehicles, you gotta admit Joes have the best rides.
    They're not YOUR jets - they're owned by corperations who sells them to countries, including the United States military.

Anyway, a Hummer is probably one of the easiest things for an organization like Cobra to obtain, and with that black colour, it doesn't seem to Joe-ish to me. I keep wondering whether I should buy some repro Cobra labels for it - needless to say, I use it with Cobra.

I don't like the idea of Hasbro doing it too much though. The A-10 works because it's a well-known US military jet, but I didn't like the Joe hydrofoil, or a lot of the Tiger Force, etc. stuff.
    Currently Looking For:
    An unbroken/mint; '83 HQ "base" (the big main part), 1 MG and 2 cameras; Brazil Gatilho.

Quote Originally Posted by dmooretoys
    The Night Ops HumVee is now the standard vehicle for my Cobra infantry. It works out great if you buy one Humvee for each 6-pack.

Dan
    It seems the hummer is a popular choice for Cobra. I also use the Night Ops Humvee for my CG Shadows.
    Also, Ive just frankensteined a Wolverine and Whirlwind to use as my Alley Vipers Assualt vehicle.
    "Empty yourself of ego, ambition, attachment and fixed ideas about the way the world is. It is ... as it is.
    Come to terms with this Truth (it is as it is) and life can be faced with tranquility and be neither pessimistic nor optimistic but realistic."

I also use the Ringneck for my Oktober Guard figures.
    Sinnister

The master race is made of plastic and only 3 3/4 inches tall

WANT LIST

Reviving and old thread here, but I find that the HMMWV would be an easy crossover since the Army is getting rid of most of theirs for the Striker vehicles. They didn't learn their lesson with the Bradley M3A2 and repeating it with the Striker, but that's another issue. I usually convert vehicles from other lines, but have been dabbling in customizing some GI Joe vehicles and Cobra vehicles for more interesting dioramas.

The moment I got that big black and gold BAT Transport, it got requisitioned by the Iron Grenadiers and it looks perfect with them. Its not jsut the colors, but the angular shape is a very nice fit with the Demon.
    Net-Viper X
    Cobra Command Computer Interface Expert

Net-Viper X's G.I.Joe Customization Archive

My thought is relating to a custom vehicle, as opposed to changing factions, but over the years I've seen pictures of 2 different USS Flaggs repainted in Cobra colors. (I don't even own a single USS Flagg, but it made me want to own 2 for the purpose of painting the 2nd one.)

Under my direction G.I. Joe tends to steal Cobra's Rattler for infiltration purposes. However, I have not customized any of my vehicles for the purpose of changing factions. This is simply not something that I am interested in, but I always find other's customization efforts interesting.

-Robert