2006 GI Joe Convention discussion part 3 - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

What do you think....

Do you think MC is limited to producing figures hasbro is willing to release in a comic pack or a six pack.

If the Cobra De Arco is true they would be using the same mold as the Snakeeyes that was released in the comic pack... The dragonsky is now being produced, along with lady jay..MAJOR BLOOD FROM THE PYTHON PATROL....
    Gi joe helped me to learn to swim! And knowing was half the battle!
    Skystriker's to Trade list http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.p...414#post287414
    Skystriker's Wants list http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.p...413#post287413
    Skystriker's Body Parts wants /trade http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=64536
    Here's some pics of my stuff http://www.flickr.com/photos/11325406@N03/

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Skystriker
    Do you think MC is limited to producing figures hasbro is willing to release in a comic pack or a six pack.

If the Cobra De Arco is true they would be using the same mold as the Snakeeyes that was released in the comic pack... The dragonsky is now being produced, along with lady jay..MAJOR BLOOD FROM THE PYTHON PATROL....
    good question - IMO i dont think they are limited but who knows??

Maybe Bludd might be from the Battle Corps set - repainted, not Python Patrol
    New eBayID: the_faceless_master

Old eBayID: dreytopia

If im not mistaken they are limited to the molds that they know exist. They then have to test the mold to see if it is correct and no errors exist. Hasbro has said alot of molds are mislabled b/c the dont keep very good tabs on things in china. Its just like the 04 cobra troopers head, china has already lost it. Hasbro has wanted to use it since but the stupid people in china cant find it. Instead they found the original which they told hasbro they had lost.
    Parts needed --- buy or trade!!
    Night Striker -- vertical veins & horizontal veins
    Dreadnok stinger -- Drivers door
    CAT -- gun tip, battery cover

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Despite the location (and the runaround regarding the location) I find myself looking forward to this set. Or at least to seeing what the set will consist of. I am planning on going, and I'm sure I will end up getting a set, but depending on how well it's done will determine how many sets and/or extras from the con.
    Stupidity should be painful.
    She's gone from suck to blow!

Thinking about it, and I predict the Skull Squad will be Night Vulture repaints, or use that head sculpt. It just wouldn't make sense to use Range Viper heads since they were used in last year''s Imperial Procession pack (which wasn't that popular).

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo
    It just wouldn't make sense
    Who ever said MC makes any sense, or Hasbro for that matter...

Example A: Dreadnok Cousins with Neon Hair...I'd take any army builder over that.

Example B: How many recolors/remakes of Mirage do we have. How many of Short Fuze... Yeah like I really needed an army of Mirage's. Shoot I'd even take a new Grand Slam (ARAH style).

Sometimes things just don't make sense in the toy world.

Tanner
    Vehicle Parts Need List || Weapons Need List || For Sale Thread
    ==================================================
    I played, ate and slept Joe as a kid and yet as an adult I still can't get enough of it! ! !

For the mystery figure, I was thinking *maybe* Headman, but that just doesn't seem like a character (even if created in a kick-butt mold) that would really be surprise worthy.
    If it wasn't for the boards I would possibly not have heard of Cobra De Aco. Sounds cool, though.
    How would everyone feel about Wraith? He seems to be able to hold his own against both Stormy and Snakes in AE, but, does he have a S. American connection?; I don't think so, but I find some fun in guessing--hope the surprise isn't sprung early on though.....

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Icebreaker
    For the mystery figure, I was thinking *maybe* Headman, but that just doesn't seem like a character (even if created in a kick-butt mold) that would really be surprise worthy.
    If it wasn't for the boards I would possibly not have heard of Cobra De Aco. Sounds cool, though.
    How would everyone feel about Wraith? He seems to be able to hold his own against both Stormy and Snakes in AE, but, does he have a S. American connection?; I don't think so, but I find some fun in guessing--hope the surprise isn't sprung early on though.....
    You might be on to something. I guess the mystery fig wouldn't have to be somebody who was formerly produced in South America, it may just have a connection to it, or it's fc birthplace may be somewhere in South America.

hmm...
    This is where my signature would be if I had something to say.

I'm interested in seeing what molds MC was able to dig up. Every year we see new COBRA troops people assumed were either lost or are never going to see again and MC gets a hold of them, polishes them up, and they look great.

Im new,sorry

Hey all. can someone tell me when and where the 2006 Convention is? I can't find the location or date of it anywhere?