Stupid question: what does iirc mean?
Stupid question: what does iirc mean?
I was wondering the same thing, thought that maybe JustinBarnhill had the hiccups...Originally Posted by gutstheberserker
This is where my signature would be if I had something to say.
Tickets: I was looking at the con registration PDF. It appears that a non-members best option is to buy the collector's set. Do they offer just a plain old ticket to the floor that doesn't require buying the con exclusives?
I just requested off work and talked my fiance into a vacation in New Orleans this summer so I'm going to the con! I have several questions for veterans of past conventions and would love feedback.
1. I haven't purchased my package from Master Collector yet. How long do I have to register and is it worth it to become a member for the discounts on the con?
2. I am planning on picking up at least one convention figure set... I am undecided about getting one with my fiance's registration as well. I only want the one and if I get the second set it would be to sell. At $240 a pop do these con sets bring enough money on E-bay to warrant selling?
3. What type of sales tables are set up? Will I be able to purchase say DTC 3 and the new comic sets there for a reasonable price?
4. Outside of the Convention figure set are there other convention only items for sale?
5. Are there old sculpt RAH vendors with booths set up? If so are the prices reasonable, say comparable to ebay.
6. I understand that the con is for both 12' and 3'34 inch collectors, is it usually 50/50?
7. What is the average attendance? Is it predominatly 30 yr old men or is it more of a family setting?
8. I saw several events with guest speakers and something about a casino night, are these events worth attending?
These are just a few questions, I am sure I will be posting more in the weeks to come. Any feedback would be appreciated, I'm excited can't wait until June.
very good questions. I have wondered a few of these too. I've been to other toy shows but never a joe show.
well i'll try to answer your questions i haven't been to a con for a couple years when i entered my dark ages of joe collecting.
1:if your going to buy alot of con exclusives then yes becoming a member is best way to go,if only getting 1 or 2 then its debatable.
2:i'd stick with the one unless you really like the set since some of the con exclusive packs have sold for more then price and some for less.
3:it depends on what you mean by reasonable?some sellers are decent in their prices while others are outrageous remember the sellers are there to make money not break even or lose money,most items you'll see there are from about 1-3 years old with a smattering of classic 80's items.
4:yes there will be con exclusive vehicles and other figures sets available.
5:yes and yes and no
6:last couple cons i went to were about 70% 12" and 30% 3 3/4"
7:it depends from rumblings i've been hearing i'd say this years con will mostly be adult males,with a smattering of wives and children.
8:it depends if you really want to listen to some of the discussions alot of it will be about 12" since the con was formed mainly for 12".
anyway have fun i would have liked to go to a con this year but will not be attending.
I'll try to answer some of your questions for you. I went to the 2004 convention at Disney on a Saturday afternoon so I can tell you little bit.
1.) You'll need to join Master Collector to go to the con, since they basically are going to charge you for the membership anyways from what I understand.
2.) I'm not sure about that.
3.) You'll get to buy thousands of Joe figs, and I can say for sure there will be plenty of DTC including wave 3 and hopefully wave 4 by then.
4.) There's other items besides the con boxed set like vehicles. Last year MC had a MARS mech, and the year before they had a Tiger Moray.
5.) There's table after table of Joe sellers there, and many of them have RAH figs decently priced like completes figs for $5.
6.) It seemed about half and half to me.
7.) There's people there of all ages.
8.) I didn't get to go to anything like that except for the last few minutes of the trivia game. I'm planning on attending all of them this time though.
That's my knowledge of it. I'm sure some of the other members can help fill in the rest a little better for you.
What is the cost of the basic ticket?