2006 GI Joe Convention discussion part 3 - Page 6

yojoe.com

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    "Until Gung Ho eats quiche, make mine G.I. Joe!"

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I've been gone for almost two months now, but as of late December, I can attest first hand that that is absolutely true. Any yeah, it is kind of eerie driving thru the city on I-10 at night in all the darkness, I forgot about that.
    Stupidity should be painful.
    She's gone from suck to blow!

Shouldn't we start seeing pics of the con figures? Actually, shouldn't we already have been seeing them? I don't think it is unreasonable to at least see the color scheme on these before we shell out $220 for a set of figures. For a club that complains that they don't sell out of the con stuff, and want us to do more and buy more, we're cutting it pretty close to con time without seeing the sets yet. And the figure sets should not have been affected by the con location snafu's.

LET'S SEE SOME PICS GIJCC!!! I want to spend my money, but I will not do it until I see what I will be getting!
    Stupidity should be painful.
    She's gone from suck to blow!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Sorry didn't see the above post but I was wondering the same thing on photos of these Joes...

Just a point of interest... Master Collector annouced today that they are holding BotCon (Transformers Convention) in Lexington, KY. I bet it isn't $28 a day to park there. Of course the drive to N.O. is much shorter for me so it's a draw I guess.

Just a point. I didnt notice anyone post this yet so I figured I would. One of my fav characters is going to be there. Thats right the Sarge Himself. Mr. Slaughter will be at the con and they will be having a special figure for him and a special fc that we can get autographed. He will also be holding a round table for our questions.

Whooora!
    Parts needed --- buy or trade!!
    Night Striker -- vertical veins & horizontal veins
    Dreadnok stinger -- Drivers door
    CAT -- gun tip, battery cover

Wow, where did you hear that? An autographed fc would be a great con souvenir!

Ah, I see it on the MC site, thanks for the heads up!
    This is where my signature would be if I had something to say.

He has been one of my all-time idols. I may try to go this time just to get an autographed figure. I met him and got an autograph when I was a kid and this would be REALLY nice to go along with that.

Quote Originally Posted by starrcommand
    Mr. Slaughter will be at the con and they will be having a special figure for him and a special fc that we can get autographed. He will also be holding a round table for our questions.
    Oh man!! That is awesome, but it kind of bums me out because now I really want to go! Why couldn't the con be closer to me?

Question

Did they mention whther he will be a 12" or 3 3/4" figure?
    "Until Gung Ho eats quiche, make mine G.I. Joe!"