Blood For The Baron!!! - Page 9

yojoe.com

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Question Action Force Dot Org

Hi Baron, Jimbo. Is this place back up and running again? Can I add it to my browser.. are all the website and archive features available again?
    I sometimes.... can be awesome?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

It's still there and seems to have sporadic posts every couple of weeks or so, but unfortunately both myself and the Baron are unable to log on, and you can't post as a guest. I've pretty much given up on it, although I check the forum and email Steve every couple of weeks.

Yeah, mate, if you can manage to log in successfully then please send an SOS on our behalf! We need EVAC ASAP.

Seems to be that if you register a new account or amend an old one that the log-in page goes mad. Combine that with the PM service being disabled and the fact that about 70% of the membership seems to have been lost when the site got hacked and it really is in a mess.

I still hope for it to return to it's full glory though, as I miss the place.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

What's the deal?

Have I missed something?.. did someone turn an extra page? I thought it was back up to full speed again?

Who owns/runs the website.. if the PM facility and the forums are Burst.. is there anything in place to recorrect whats happened?

I was under the impression the server hosts who host the website have ways of restoring some of the features at least.

Maybe if the dude that runs the site doesnt have the time.. we could put a group together to work on getting it back operational?

I'm very reluctant to create a separate forum, I am extremely fond of the forum and people at Action Force Online, plus this should be a simple matter to straighten out. It looks to me like Steve has gone OTT with security since the site got hacked, my problems started when I updated my e-mail address so I may have triggered a warning bell somewhere, that would also explain why the PM service is disabled.

Steve seems somewhat incommunicado this year, I assume he has a lot on his plate and as such don't really want to overburden him but I shall give him another shout, I need to post updates about BFTB. Speaking of which, get a load of this cheeky mofo Greendeezel:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ENTIRE-Collect...QQcmdZViewItem

I confronted him about selling my scans and was astonished to discover that for £1.75 he is selling people a HYPERLINK to my website!! Unbelievable!

Sorry Nem looks like I misread your post there! yes, if we can form a group to fix the site definitely count me in!

Just looking at the stats, since the site was reactivated in May there have been 99 new members, 4 of which have made posts. The place should be kicking!

Does anyone have a contact address for Steve they could PM me please?

Quote Originally Posted by The Baron
    Sorry Nem looks like I misread your post there! yes, if we can form a group to fix the site definitely count me in!
    Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by The Baron
    Just looking at the stats, since the site was reactivated in May there have been 99 new members, 4 of which have made posts. The place should be kicking!
    Agreed, but at least three of those new members are me trying to create new accounts with different email addresses in an attempt to rejoin

Question Agreed. So can I have.. questions and answers?

Hi Guys, so its agreed we need to do something to kickstart the site?
    It sounds to me like the site is there but even though you register the PM service and other features aren't available. I only ever used the website primarily for information purposes.. I never went the whole haul to sign into the forums.. maybe I did .. and I forgot ...my Hard drive croaked a few weeks ago and I lost all my bookmarks..
    Anyways... I'll have a look this afternoon.. and oh... can you PM me both your email addresses.. and why doesn't anyone have steve's? I take it steve owns/runs the site.. is he registered here on yojoe too?

**Update**

Ok, I'm a registered member.. it seems for some reason I can't get into the forum though.. only view it? still it is good that the website is up and running.

ive had no problems logging in. seems as if steve is MIA.

maybe he could open it up and let someone else have admin privs, that way all of this can get fixed.