yojoe.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Question

Did you get a reply Tattoo Shane?
    LOOKING FOR THE FOLLOWING FIGURES
    Carded Canadian and Brazilian Flash

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I did hear back and he's supposed to be sending me some new pics soon. I'll keep everyone updated as i find out more.
    Your Toys...Our Tattoos
    http://www.tattoosandtoys.com

Do they do this for figures only or did they do vehicles like this too?
    I just started my ebay store, take a look
    MY EBAY STORE<br>more to come soon
    Check out my ebay auctions as well MY EBAY AUCTIONS
    I was using searchforjoes for a while but found my old name.I am looking for moc figures and weapons, send me your lists!!!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by thunt4
    Do they do this for figures only or did they do vehicles like this too?
    well this isn't Joe related but I know for a fact they do this for Hot Wheels generally out of wood or clay...so I could only assume they would have had to for larger vehicles like the Defiant. Its really strange that if this many of these type items existed that they don't turn up more often, because we've seen so many unreleased items in their close to completed stage but never in 2 up form.

I'm saving my money for when the 2-up Flagg pops up for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnwoo
    I'm saving my money for when the 2-up Flagg pops up for sale.
    LOL Good luck with that...

i had read about these but this is the first i have seen -very cool.
    if this guy is whacked on price, what would be considered reasonable?
    i have to imagine they go for a grip no matter what.

and yeah, whoever's emailing with this guy should ask him to send in photos to yojoe
    need 88 TF dusty crotch

Quote Originally Posted by thorn
    i had read about these but this is the first i have seen -very cool.
    if this guy is whacked on price, what would be considered reasonable?
    i have to imagine they go for a grip no matter what.

and yeah, whoever's emailing with this guy should ask him to send in photos to yojoe
    If modern 2ups (from popular toylines) sell for roughly $600-800, then should be about $3000-3500. Admittedly, the 2up market has taken a beating recently. As Shane mentioned, though, the production process on this 2up is markedly different from the production process on not only future 2ups but also 2ups from other toylines.

Now, if the seller had a proof card, sheet, cromalin and original artwork to accompany the piece, then $10k would be a steal I'd commit any day of the week.

Also, there is most likely no remaining 2up for the Flagg. The designers wouldn't have kept it long as it would require too much space. As Craig, the former Hasbro engineer, said: projects come and go; and things like the Defiant and the Flagg require too much space (in the office). It would have been trashed along time ago.

I think this guy placed such a high price on it for two reasons:

1) Someone might actually be crazy enough to pay that.

2) No one will pay that but it will help bring attention to it and high-end collectors will contact him and start making offers outside of ebay.

By the way Shane I like your 2-Up as well. I think the only other 2-Up I have seen is of the Battle Corps Iceberg pictured in the center of the Tomart's Price Guide to G.I. Joe Collectibles book (1993) from Charles Griffith's collection and the Grunt 2-Up head pictured here:
    http://yojoe.com/archive/preprod/82/grunt.shtml

Dan
    My Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=34870 Email me at dmooretoys @ yahoo.com (remove spaces) and let's deal!

Quote Originally Posted by This I Command!
    well this isn't Joe related but I know for a fact they do this for Hot Wheels generally out of wood or clay...so I could only assume they would have had to for larger vehicles like the Defiant. Its really strange that if this many of these type items existed that they don't turn up more often, because we've seen so many unreleased items in their close to completed stage but never in 2 up form.
    It's possible that some of the vehicles for the Joe line were originally patterned out of wood. Most of the prototype vehicles i've seen for the Joe line were done at a 1:1 scale out of styrene.

I don't think it's too strange that we haven't seen more of this stuff come to light. 2 Ups were made in quantities of at a maximum 5, possibly lower and they're VERY fragile. Those two factors alone tells us why we haven't seen many but the most important one is that no one has really been looking for them. There are several out there at this point but are in the hands of some under the radar collectors. As interest in these items increases and more people take an active role in collecting them, i'm sure we'll see more surface.
    Your Toys...Our Tattoos
    http://www.tattoosandtoys.com