Re: harassment of GI JOE Collector Club + banned at JoeCustoms

yojoe.com

Re: harassment of GI JOE Collector Club + banned at JoeCustoms

Some comments as it relates to the current GI JOE CC bashing that is going on in some forums and comments made by the moderator at joecustoms in relation to my being banned there today (3/11/2006) for sticking up for GI JOE CC, certainly to no benefit of myself:

I don't know if you guys are aware, but without SMALLJOES.COM it is quite likely that the last wave of the GI JOE: A Real American Hero figures (the wave with the Tomax/Xamot 2-pack) would not have found their way to U.S. soil. It is true that at the time I brought them over there was the expected huge demand all at once and I got very behind in processing the orders. A *lot* of people complained about the slow shipping, but 99% of them were reasonable and got reasonable responses from me. However, there were a few (such as 'beav' - Brad Sandidge, moderator at JoeCustoms) who went above and beyond the call to harass and degrade me and my business on the public forums. Yes, a couple of them got their accounts closed at SMALLJOES.COM because I was not comfortable doing business with people harboring that much malice over a minor issue - and the fact that my honesty was being impugned and my good intentions completely ignored. I could have sold those figures for 2x or 3x much, but didn't! I didn't try to take advantage of the situation but nobody cared or thought about that. People like 'beav' were just worried about what a rat bastard I was because I dared to question their over-the-top rhetoric about my handling of the situation. People like 'beav' are the true mini-Napoleon's of the GI JOE community - not GI JOE CC, not Steel Brigade, and not me.

Now, once again we see the same kind of attitudes being directed toward another entity who is bringing some unique product to GI JOE collectors: the GI JOE CC.

I am not pointing this out for my benefit. (Certainly, by making any controversial public statements I am only potentially hurting my own business.) I am not trying to be an egomaniac, I'm just calling it like I see it. I am pointing this out for the benefit of other GI JOE collectors. You need to have at least SOME perspective, appreciation, and respect for people who are trying to do things for this hobby and bring you a quality collectible at a reasonable price. Maybe you don't understand all of the reasons why decisions are made or why things happen. Maybe you don't understand the economies of scale of toy manufacturing. Maybe you would like to be more "in the loop", but that isn't always possible or feasible for a variety of reasons. None of these things excuse the kind of behavior we continue to see. It boggles my mind that we have such self-destructive people in this hobby but what REALLY worries me is their influence over more impressionable or newer collectors.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

the next time Beav formulates a logical position will be the first. I called him on his illogical poistion in an argument I had with him, knowing full well I would be banned at JC, said step by step what his illogical response would be, which he followed to a tee.

Beav is tool, and depends on his position as head of JC as his only source of credibilty.

fact is any attempt to have a logical, rational interaction will be met by resistance at JC where everybody wants to be a know it all and any evidence that negates that fact is simply dismissed as trolling.

corey im sorry you are having problems. i personally have just started my own store and i can relate to customers unreasonable complaints and expectations. i mean seriously this is a hobby and i have a full time job. it is so unreasonable that your order takes 5 days to ship (i only get to the post office once a week).... it is hard cause people dont understand buisness. i for one will vouch for your credibility. i have bought a few things from you and have always gotten them and have been happy. in fact im about to put another order soon for some supplies.
    good luck my friend and if you need help let me know.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

what is the gijoe cc?

bluebikerboy, one solution would be to hire someone to take things to the post office for you a couple times a week. if your serious about running the business you should take things like that into consideration. just a suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by 82to87Joes
    what is the gijoe cc?
    GI JOE CC = Official GI JOE Collector's Club. Often also referred to as Master Collector.

The genesis of the current round of GI JOE CC bashing is here, although this has been going on for quite some time:

http://www.joecustoms.com/board/show....php?tid=34740

Exclamation

Please keep the drama from other boards there - on other boards. We have more than our share here.

We don't need to be hosting the harassement of other boards or their users here.
    Last edited by dockingbay97; 03-11-2006 at 03:24 PM.
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal