Anyone here use Stalker v5 as their default Stalker?

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone here use Stalker v5 as their default Stalker?

This is the Battle Corps Stalker from 1994, the one wearing the "Special Forces Thermal Cap." I ordered this version of Stalker the other day from Brians Toys, so I probably won't get him until late next week. I plan on customizing this Stalker, though, somewhat, placing the head and arms on a different body, due to this Stalker version's uniform being too sci-fi for my taste.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I use the v.2, but would prefer the Talking Battle Commanders version.

I actually use my Winter Ops Stalker(repainted the lower half green) as my default Stalker...at least for now.
    You can create anything if you use your imagination...it has no limits.

I am the Asian Sensation of Innovation!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

GvsC Stalker with ST Roadblock legs. He makes a pretty cool Stalker.

The Battle Corps fig does havea cool head... A little too gaunt for my tastes though.

If I were to use any Stalker as a default, it would be the one that came in the Oktober Guard set. Excellent head sculpt, superb uniform colors, enough of a resemblance to the original 1982 Stalker, but with a better head sculpt and more painted detail on the uniform.

Really, though, among the traditional-style Stalkers, I'd rank the 1994 Battle Corps one the least of the lot (newsculpts don't count in this evaluation).

i acutally like the comic dark green the best.......followed by tundra ranger, followed by the bc one...............of the new sculpts i like the spytroops one the best........talking stalker bites the big one though
    Always wanted: Foreign figs, protos and test shots, and vs 1 BATs and parts.

Quote Originally Posted by GI Trekker
    If I were to use any Stalker as a default, it would be the one that came in the Oktober Guard set. Excellent head sculpt, superb uniform colors, enough of a resemblance to the original 1982 Stalker, but with a better head sculpt and more painted detail on the uniform.

Really, though, among the traditional-style Stalkers, I'd rank the 1994 Battle Corps one the least of the lot (newsculpts don't count in this evaluation).

In my Joeverse I only recognize three stalkers, stalker version 2 ,Sgt. Stalker version 2, and the comic pack version 2 thats someone already mentioned.
    The new Lonzo Wilkinson that was recently released in the comic pack is also pretty good. I still don't know which one I will use as default.

The main reason I like the Battle Corps Stalker is because of the head sculpt: he's wearing the black thermal cap instead of a beret. Very cool special ops look. I'm only going to use the head and arms from this version of Stalker and place them on a different body so I can customize him a bit. The rest of the body from Battle Corps Stalker, as in the uniform, bites the big one, IMHO, because of the "space suit" he's wearing.

I also like the head sculpt from the Tundra Ranger Stalker because of the green/brown camaflauge thermal cap. Another custom waiting to happen there as well.

Stalker is a character that doesn't have a figure I'm 100% happy with. The "tundra ranger" '89 Stalker is my favorite by far. But, this one is sorta stuck in the arctic role, which works great for my little cold weather fighting force.....not so much for my go everywhere-else-Stalker.

The '94 Stalker, or version 5, is one that I would really like to get. Not the one with yellow highlights, I should add. I really like Stalker with the cap, though. Actually, this v5 is the only one I haven't owned, or seen in person.
    I might have to start painting, though. That snow-force six pack Stalker might be getting some use....

Anyway, throw up some pics of Stalker when ya get him And whatever parts tweaking ya do, too!

Hmmm, nope - it's all V1 with me.
    Currently Looking For:
    An unbroken/mint; '83 HQ "base" (the big main part), 1 MG and 2 cameras; Brazil Gatilho.