Update: DTC has arrived @ TRU!! - Page 8

yojoe.com

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Slither
    Well nothing on the Pacifist coast yet. Sat morning is good to try again they say.
    Northern California, specifically Dublin TRU already has single packs
    New eBayID: the_faceless_master

Old eBayID: dreytopia

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by paraviper
    Hey sam i hit 2 tru's today up here in northern va. The one in woodbridge and the one in springfield va. No dtc anything in sight just dumb 8 inch sigma six. I did however check the plan o gram sheets and it is calling for 2 facings of 3.75 inch. I would bet either next week or the following week they will show up in va.
    That's pretty much what I found yesterday in North Carolina

Downers Grove, IL Items in Stock (3-16-06)

Should there be a separate topic that only lists the locations of the TRU that have the DTC items in stock?

Anyway, here's what I found in two TRU in Downers Grove, IL today:

The TRU off of 75th St. had around seven Night Ops HUMVEEs ($16.99 a piece), one Wave 3 single card of Med Alert ($5.99), three each of the Bat Attack and Viper Lockdown ($24.99 a piece), and a bunch of Ninja Battles (with DVD, I think) and Sigma Six.

The TRU off of Butterfield Rd. had several HUMVEEs ($16.99), one case of Wave 3 single carded figures ($5.99 each), a couple of Morays ($39.99 each), and six Bat Attacks ($24.99 each), as well as some Ninja Battles and Sigma Six.

I didn't see any Wave 1 or 2 figures, comic 3-packs, or any of the other vehicles like the HISS. These two TRU stores are closer to my work and there are still two TRU stores closer to where I live. The store prices are more expensive than the DTC prices, especially when you factor in sales tax (7.25% here) and cost of gas to get there.

I admit that I was excited to see Joes in TRU again but I don't know how dedicated I will be in hunting the new Joes down. I bought a bunch of sealed cases of Wave 1-3 with the "springnew" discount code on DTC so I might just end up holding off on any further purchases until Hasbro offers more online discounts...

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by polyphenus
    Should there be a separate topic that only lists the locations of the TRU that have the DTC items in stock?

...snip
    There is - the Regional & Sightings boards.
    This is where my signature would be if I had something to say.

Mine had Viper Lockdown, leftovers of Wave 7, DTC Wave 3, HISS tank, Night Humvee, and of course, Imperial Procession.

I didn't buy anything though - I have all that stuff.

I hit two TRUs on my way home and all I saw was the BAT pack and the black Humvee, neither of which I really want. I may cave on the BATs though, unless I can grab one of the new BATs on the cheap.

Honestly didn't know there had been this many sightings. My bad for starting a whole new thread, but I found the B.A.T. Set at one TRU (the more distant one from my home) yesterday, much to my astonishment.

I have to admit,for newsculpts, they're not bad, especially the new BAT v5. Tell me this thing didn't inspire the Sigma 6 Sky BAT...

Saw no sign of single cards, vehicles, comic sets (about the only other thing I would've been interested in) or other 6-packs.

This particular TRU is also going to be converting into a combination TRU/Babies "R" Us, which will result in a diminished action figure section.

What I find a little troubling is that the OTHER TRU in town, which likely won't be making this change, since there's a full-size BRU right across the street from it, has noticably diminished its G.I.Joe display area recently.

Hopefully they'll carry SOME stuff. I'd love to be able to get my Oktober Guard set IN STORE, where I can check it over MYSELF for any quality issues, rather than have Hasbro mail one to me and Lord knows what I'd get.

Quote Originally Posted by GI Trekker
    snip...

I have to admit,for newsculpts, they're not bad, especially the new BAT v5. Tell me this thing didn't inspire the Sigma 6 Sky BAT...

...snip
    I like the set, too, but my guess would be that the new B.A.T.s are based on the S6 versions, not that the S6 Sky or Ninja B.A.T.s were based on this. Either way, I like them, but they aren't my favorites.
    This is where my signature would be if I had something to say.

Thumbs up

I just bought the Viper Lockdown set from TRU. They also had the Night Ops Humvee and a few single carded figures. It was so nice to be able to choose which Lockdown set to buy, rather than hope I don't get one with poorly painted eyes or something. It's also great to see single carded Joes back in the store. Something about seeing them there seem right.

I still would like to have the choice of ordering from Hasbro or buying in the stores. It is really much more feasible for me to buy from Hasbro. And with the price of gas going up, I really don't want to drive all over God's creation just to find 6 or 8 figures. But, I do have a TRU close and will be visiting them the next chance I get.