Drafts for a Custom Flagg

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Drafts for a Custom Flagg

Hey joe fans, I've been working on drafts and measurements for a Flagg carrier im planning on building. I've spent quite a few hours on this project and am still figuring out final measurements and small details.

Here is a shot of what it should look like completed. Its going to be roughly 7 feet in length.

Im having trouble deciding on what materials I should use for the construction. Wood is probably the best best, especially for the hull, but for interior walls and rooms I am open to suggestion.

What would you use to build a ship?

Any comments would be appreciated and welcome.

Hope you like it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HMCS FLagg (Large).jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	1734  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Good luck...

I cant really offer advice, but I can offer support.
    This is an ambitious project. Itd be nice to see regular updates.
    "Empty yourself of ego, ambition, attachment and fixed ideas about the way the world is. It is ... as it is.
    Come to terms with this Truth (it is as it is) and life can be faced with tranquility and be neither pessimistic nor optimistic but realistic."

okay, I'll try my best to put up some more drafts.

But what do you guys think of the design? Too wide? Needs to be longer, or not as long?

praise and criticisms are welcome.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TheCheznit8
    okay, I'll try my best to put up some more drafts.

But what do you guys think of the design? Too wide? Needs to be longer, or not as long?

praise and criticisms are welcome.
    At present, it looks too square. It needs some more length and a little less width. The Conning Tower looks fine tho....
    "Empty yourself of ego, ambition, attachment and fixed ideas about the way the world is. It is ... as it is.
    Come to terms with this Truth (it is as it is) and life can be faced with tranquility and be neither pessimistic nor optimistic but realistic."

if you used aluminum it would be lighter and easier to bend and shape parts

The reason it is blocky is because 1) I won't be able to smooth out the material and make contour shapes that would take more skill and knowledge than I have.
    2) the portion underneath the main deck will have enough room for 2 floors, meaning the hull will be a large play area within it
    3) I also wanted to maximize the play area of the deck. The Hasbro-made Flagg has enough room for only 3 skystrikers- 4 maximum and thats pushing it. With the larger deck you can put more plains and helicopters aboard it.
    4) the shape is based off of a US carrier

That being said, I realize I should make the front runway a little longer, I think that would make it look less blocky.

Keep the comments coming guys!

Name:	7214121982_97751.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	1735   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	side (Small).jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	1736  

I forgot to add this in my last post, this is the newest drawing of the side profile.

The first floor underneath the deck is just going to have straight walls, no angling. This design is easier to create.

The second floor will have angled hull walls.

There are two large doors on the first floor, one is for elevator use, the other is for launching smaller vehicles and divers (im going to put the J.U.M.P. platform in there.

The second floor door leads to the Hangar for vehicle storage and repair. The back of the carrier will also have doors to launch large water vessels like the Whale.

Name:	CCI00003 (Small).jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	8.5 KB 
ID:	1737  

im back with some updates, first draft is of the deck and the first floor. the second pic is of the first floor, third pic is for the Hangar bay.

The First floor will be the quarters for the crew and officers, plus a mess hall, sick bay, meeting room, launch bay, the brig...

The second floor is the Hangar, and it looks barren because its meant to store vehicles, equipment and supplies.

Name:	7214121982_89060.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	1741   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7214121982_513413.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	1742   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HMCS Flagg4.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	1743  

Ill probably get a digital camera in two weeks, so I can post pictures of the tower I made from cardboard.

After that, I can hopefully find time to start building the Flagg.

hey guys, I got around to finishing a cardboard mockup of my Flagg's Tower. I posted the pics on another site, so you can check it out there.

Keep in mind that its made of cardboard, I used alot of tape, it looks like a hack job, but Im only using it for reference and how to place all the pieces inside the final version.

but please do tell me what you think, thanks.

http://www.joecustoms.com/board/show...d=34824&page=2