Does anyone like the Sigma 6 ACTION FIGURES? - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I like some of them. My main complaint is their legs are all too skinny. They look out of proportion. I wish they made pants for all of them, and then they'd look a little better.

And Carnage, I always enjoy your customs. I wish Hasbro had made their Destro look like yours instead of the one we're getting!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by carnage717
    Im a fan of the Sigma Six figures. I think right now I have somewhere around 40 figures. I have at least 1 of every figure release plus double and triples of other figures that I use for Customs. I wasnt very good at Customizing 3 3/4" figure but I love customizing Sigma 6 Figures some reason. Sure articulation isnt like Marvel legends but I still they they are very poseable. As far as customs go here are few I have actually finished:

Destro:
    http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/5526/10183178zt.jpg

Buzzer:
    http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/3024/10183434iv.jpg

Firefly:
    http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/5320/10193854jn.jpg

Zandar:
    http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/5872/10194162dx.jpg

I just purchased the new Duke Jet Pack and Heavey Duty Flamethrower last night so I will have an Ace Custom and Probably a Torch Custom coming up soon. I also have Kamkura with green highlights instead of yellow and a Sea Ops Duke painted up to be Torpedo. I will have to agree on the Size issue. I m slowly starting to run out of space for displaying my collection and right now 25 displayed figures is taking up a large amount of room.

Brad
    I like that firefly!!!! Very nice. I have always wanted to learn how to do customs. How do you go about learning how to make figures????

Quote Originally Posted by cobrasoldier
    I like that firefly!!!! Very nice. I have always wanted to learn how to do customs. How do you go about learning how to make figures????
    I just bought some paint and started painting. When Istarted out painting figures I used Acrylic paint like the kind you get a that the craft store. That way if you mess it you can basically just scrape the paint off with no damage to the figure. Once you get more experience you can start using enamel and other types of paint. I also use a dremel to grind down parts I dont want anymore but that takes a little bit more skill to use. Best advice I can give is take a basic figure and a simple repaint, then progress to maybe altering the figure a little either with a dremel or sandpaper, whatever your comfortable with. After you feel comfortable doing all that then you could progress to adding sculpted pieces ot your figure. I use epoxy putty for all my sculpted stuff and the use the dremel to make it what I want it look like. You can do this all with one figure if you choose that way your not waisting figures. For instance the Destro figure I made was made using this same technique. I started out just doing repaint of the Heavy Duty in a different color scheme with acrylic paint. Then I ground down the beard and band-aid on his nose and painted him up in Destro Colors using better paint I got from the Hobby shop. Still no satisfied with it I sculpted the color, wristband and collar and then repainted the figure for a 3rd time, which is how it still is today. He look much better in person and the only articulation that was lost during the whole thing was head doesnt move as well as it used to but he still turned good. It takes some practice but it tons of fun once you get into it. Although i have 6 finished I have another 4 in the various stages and and few ideas of figures I want to do. I am huge ARAH fan so most of my customs tend to relate to the ARAH version of the character as oposed to a Sigma Six Version.

Brad

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I don't discad the possibility to buy them, but my priorities are other. I find some figures cool, I dont' like others, but most important: they are VERY different to the rest of my collectio, and that's probably the main reason why I don't buy them.

I really think they are junk. They are way to big. They cost way to much. The 3 inch figures are way better you can do alot more with the small figures. In my area DTC is out selling sigma 6.

I'm doubtful the format will continue beyond summer 2007. It might, but if it doesn't a few fans are gonna feel burned by Hasbro (like that's unusual).

Quote Originally Posted by TheCheznit8
    Think about it, if you were a kid today and you saw the cartoon and the advertisements for the great action figures, wouldn't you be buying in? We did it when we were kids.
    Judging from every store around here that sells S6, I'd say this isn't the case. S6 just seems to sit around and collect dust around VA Beach.
    Sam
    Read my blog, or I will replace all your Argen 7 figs with Crystal Balls!

Quote Originally Posted by bigklop
    If they were 6" like Marvel Legends figures, I bet they'd be one of the hottest toys out there.
    I agree about the size. A 6" Sigma Six line would probably do well. There's a good comparison with the last few Transformers lines. Most, if not all of the "Supreme" class figures (Unicron from Armada and Energon, Omega Supreme and Omega Sentinal from Energon, Starscream from the current Cybertron line) have ended up as shelf warmers while most of the smaller size classes do sell fairly well. Sometimes having bigger figures does not make them more popular.

Quote Originally Posted by muswp1
    I agree about the size. A 6" Sigma Six line would probably do well. There's a good comparison with the last few Transformers lines. Most, if not all of the "Supreme" class figures (Unicron from Armada and Energon, Omega Supreme and Omega Sentinal from Energon, Starscream from the current Cybertron line) have ended up as shelf warmers while most of the smaller size classes do sell fairly well. Sometimes having bigger figures does not make them more popular.
    The problem with the larger Transformers listed above isnt so much the size of the figure, it has more to do with the price point. I for one like the large size transformers that dating back to Fort Max and Scorponok. The problem with the new toys, is no parent wants to drop $50+ for transformer anymore. I actually have 2 of the Starscreams as well a 2 Unicrons the yellow and black versions but I was able to get all of them for less $11 each instead of paying $50. For $50 a parent could buy 4 or 5 smaller transformers which Im sure the kid would enjoy much more than one large figure. My 5 year old nephew loves the new transformers and he begged and begged his parents for a Starscream figure, but because he cost so much they didnt want to put that kind of money down for that figure. I ended up giving him one of the ones I got for cheap and he absolutely loves it, its just a shame that they charge so much for those larger toys because most kids never get a chance to enjoy them.

Brad

When they become 3 3/4 i would like them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napy
    I been in Mexico alot lately, in Gudalajara, Monterrey, Veracruz and Im always going straight to the toy ile in Wal Mart. And guess what! all they have is those ugly looking, who would buy,robot-looking! sigma six garbage!!! Oh but they got tons of Star Wars!!!! Who Cares! No queremos Estar Guars! Queremos YIAYO compadre!!!!!:mad: