Does anyone like the Sigma 6 ACTION FIGURES? - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 82to87Joes
    i dont like them
    LOL. Short and sweet answer.
    "Empty yourself of ego, ambition, attachment and fixed ideas about the way the world is. It is ... as it is.
    Come to terms with this Truth (it is as it is) and life can be faced with tranquility and be neither pessimistic nor optimistic but realistic."

I actually like the figures and the accessories are fantastic. The scale is becoming a problem for me display wise and it limits the vehicles that could be incorporated into the line. The endless repaints coming down the pike are making me wary and I have begun to look elsewhere for my action figure fix. After I pick up Destro, Firefly and Zartan I think I'm done.
    Booya!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I like them. Obviously, they're very different. They're a nice change of scale to me and I actually like the exaggeration and stylization. I just consider them a different kind of object from the ARAH Joes. I was disappointed that the cartoon was so ridiculous and I don't think the studio they picked is doing as well as a lot of other anime I've seen (I actually thought it was knockoff animation until I read it was coming from some real studio in Japan).

In general I think most of the Sigma Six figures are crap, they are the wrong scale and the distorted proportions make them look ugly. The only possible exception is the Sky Bat, which looks almost like a Micronaut to me and might fit in with my other Micronaut toys. But as GI Joes? No way, Sigma Six doesn't look anything like what I would expect or want in a GI Joe toy.

For me the DTC figures are the only Real American Hero Joes which matter right now, and I'm glad to see them starting to make a comeback at Toys R Us.
    Last edited by The Buffalo Soldier; 05-09-2006 at 06:30 PM.

I don't know.....maybe I'm just getting old and all the stuff that is coming out looks like junk to me....You know like when you hear music today and it sounds horrible and you think you know what real music is because you used to listen to it back in the day...Same thing, I guess...

Willard Ohio, home of Seattle Seahawks QB Charlie Frye
    I'd rather own a T-crotch new sculpt figure than anything from Sigma Crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Deogg
    I'd rather own a T-crotch new sculpt figure than anything from Sigma Crap.
    Well that pretty much sums up how I feel right there. Although I did buy a storm shadow when the sigmas first came out cuz' I think storm shadow is cool and he actually looks cool displayed....from far away.........very far away.

I like the look of a lot of the figures and the accessories seem uniformly fantastic, but ... my heart belongs to 3 3/4 and I don't have the extra money to spend on Sigma Six.

Also I'm a vehicle-orientated collector and the Sigma Six vehicle range is a little limited
    "One of these days we'll end up paying the price."

I grew up with the 3 3/4 line so my heart is there. I love the fact that TRU is selling the DTC stuff. I wont bash the Sigma 6 line though. I think they look good. Seeing the beefed up Spirit got me interested in the new wave of Joes. I would have liked them to be the same size as the Marvel Legends line....but oh well. We cant get everything we want. I will buy more as they come out as long as there are figs that I like. In fact I'm re doing my budget to incorporate the DTC stuff and the Sigma 6.

P.s. Carnage...those customs were badass!!!!!!!!!