The all new Q Force

yojoe.com

The all new Q Force

Everything I own is about to be boxed up as I'm moving house. The move will take a few months, so I thought I'd take a couple of photos of what I am currently working on - Q Force. For those that don't know, Q Force was Action Force's deep ocean team. The original team and vehicles was very limited and I didn't own any as a kid (my brother collected them). Since I have been building up my Z Force, SAS Force and Enemy armies as seen in other posts on this site, I though I'd take a different approach with Q Force and bring them into the 1990s with GI Joe style bodies. A few pictures of the Old and New teams follow. Shark isn't quite finished, nor is my Q Force 'Moray' or base, but I've taken too long to get the last little bits done, so it's in the box for them, and I'll finish them later in the year. Enjoy!

Old Q Force in action:
    http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...dQinaction.jpg

New Q Force in action:
    http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...wQinaction.jpg

The originals,
    SURFER-PHONES-LEVIATHAN-SHARK-DOLPHIN
    http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...Force/OldQ.jpg

Newer, and hopefully better!
    SURFER-PHONES-LEVIATHAN-SHARK-DOLPHIN
    http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...Force/NewQ.jpg

Enjoy!!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

man those are awesome !
    The Call of Chaos
    It's a toll-free, long distance call from the warp.

Zinthos.

Thumbs up

wow, that is fantastic work!!!
    New eBayID: the_faceless_master

Old eBayID: dreytopia

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Good stuff

This is sort of the angle I am working with my AF team. My figures will be customs but most will be based on my own creations. I plan to at least have some custom Baron Ironblood and black major.

Good work AF Jimbo and thanks for sharing these pics. You used Deep Six for some of them?
    N3M
    I sometimes.... can be awesome?

Great work (as always man.)
    Thanks for sharing.
    "Empty yourself of ego, ambition, attachment and fixed ideas about the way the world is. It is ... as it is.
    Come to terms with this Truth (it is as it is) and life can be faced with tranquility and be neither pessimistic nor optimistic but realistic."

Excellent work, very cool customs. Love the hydrofoil.
    Selling out! LMK what you need!

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisEnforcerFan
    This is sort of the angle I am working with my AF team. My figures will be customs but most will be based on my own creations. I plan to at least have some custom Baron Ironblood and black major.

Good work AF Jimbo and thanks for sharing these pics. You used Deep Six for some of them?
    N3M
    I used Deep Six completely repainted for Leviathan - seemed appropriate, even his red hair is just right for a Glaswegian! Surfer is a highlight only repaint of Blowtorch, the head and raised body areas seemed just right. I wasn't quite sure what to do for armament on the repainted Devilfish as it has missiles, and Surfer is a rocket man, but I think it has turned out well with the ski rockets from a Snowcat. I'm going to add two more when I get them, and because it will have a spiney look maybe call it the Lionfish (you can't see it well in the photo, but the yellow rockets are sitting up at about 30 degrees to the horizontal).

As has been spotted Shark is a complete repaint of the Eel. I favoured the more hi-tech look of the Eel over the simple look of Torpedo (which I'm saving for Barracuda). His leg knife will be painted blue, as will the rest of his crotch. Dolphin was inspired arouond the red bouyancy aid he wears, and using the Cutter body seemed the way to go. I used a Cobra soldier arms and crotch so that the joins on the arms wouldn't show up when I moved them after painting them blue(all my customs are kept simple as the kids play with them after I've finished and taken photos). Dolphin's head is a spare I had lying around. Not my favourite head sculpt, but it is same one (with diferent hair colour) which was used for the AF version of Dolphin when released with the AF Sealion, so I thought this should be the one. I had the mask thing with a load of spares - I don't know what it is (same with Surfer's headgear). both Dolphin's and Phones' legs are from Airtight, as is Phones's arms. His torso and head were originally going to be from the original Psyche-Out, and were painted as such. However, I've never liked that pinched face look, and when I saw a Skidmark for sale on Ebay, I decided to change it.

I've got ideas for using Shipwreck, the remaining parts of Cutter, Lady-Jaye, and a couple of others to build on the team. They crowning glory would be getting hold of a the USS Flagg and repainting it for Q Force! At the moment that's impossible as it would be difficult to get it shipped from the States, although I've seen a couple for sale. I've been adding to my collection avidly for a year now, and I've only ever seen one for sale in the UK. At the time I was concentrating on Z Force so I didn't consider buying it - damn!

May I suggest some blue on the platform? Please can we have more shots of the hydrofoil?

Quote Originally Posted by Action Force Jimbo

They crowning glory would be getting hold of a the USS Flagg and repainting it for Q Force!
    That would be sacrilege (as is what you've done to Blowtorch, my second bendy fig, excluding stalker).

I've secured a lot of planes recently, I couldn't justify a Flagg right now, but I would love to build a replica deck, if I had the measurements. A deck full of planes would look great. Maybe even have to scale it up to get them all on.

How come no Joe plane has an arrester hook?