Sigma6 Firefly ~ a Joe NOT a Cobra!!!

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    The Faceless Master

Exclamation Sigma6 Firefly ~ a Joe NOT a Cobra!!!

Anybody else hear about this?
    check out his Bio that i read from www.Hasbro.com
    http://www.hasbro.com/default.cfm?pa...oduct_id=17663

FIREFLY is an expert in the art of sabotage and specializes in explosive devices that disable electronic systems. He worked in covert ops on missions involving computer espionage and was brought onto the SIGMA 6 team to destroy a sophisticated computer virus created by COBRA to destabilize the world economy. He infiltrated the evil organization and blew up the base’s central electronics core, stopping the virus from being transmitted and ending all computerized COBRA activity for over a year. He became a permanent member of the SIGMA 6 team to provide his expertise in fighting COBRA B.A.T. troops. His innovative devices have provided the team with powerful weapons to deplete the ranks of these dangerous robots.
    I am pretty sure that if you didnt like Sigma6 then,
    you will DEFINITELY hate them NOW

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

haha what a joke. that whole toy line needs to be flushed down the toilet

Ugh.

That's kinda funny when you think about it. It's like Hasbro is trying to get back at 3 3/4 fanatics for trash talking the S6 line. What better way than screwing with the "Boba Fett" of their beloved GI Joes line. Next they'll make a Destro unmasked that turns out to be a woman.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Is it two months ago again?

seriously, anyone who would be peeved by this needs to get over themselves. Sigma 6 may be based on RAH, but it is not RAH, and thus has the freedom to represent these characers in a new fashion for a new generation of kids who could care less about what the character was like 20 years ago.

this Firefly is not the sam Firefly that was made 20 years ago, so there should be no problem.

I view Firefly as a Mercenary, a gun for hire. For the right price, he'll fight for any cause. So while I think the whole "Joe"-thing is alittle odd, I suppose it kind of represents his character.

But the joes better beware. Anyone who is willing to betray the group he worked for many years with, could turn on you just as quickly.

On a side note, it could be sort of a trade off of sorts. Storm Shadow is Good in the DD comics, so if he is bad in Sigma Six line, then Firefly being good could be just be a kind of way of saying "We need two cool guys fighting for the joes"

Or it could be just a bit set up so that if he does betray them and join up with Cobra it could be made into a big deal.

Anyway, theories aside, in my Joe-Universe, Storm Shadow and Firefly will always be bad.

I got this figure a couple of days ago. While I don't consider him Firefly, I do kind of like the figure.
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Fly
    But the joes better beware. Anyone who is willing to betray the group he worked for many years with, could turn on you just as quickly.
    I may be mistaken, but I don't get the sense that this is thee Firefly from RAH, and he has betrayed Cobra to join the Joes. I take it more in the sense that this is Firefly in Sigma 6, based loosely on the idea of the RAH Firefly but never having been a part of Cobra, who will betray the Joes in this storyline and become a member of Cobra.

just an idea of a character presented differently. kind of like the rest of Sigma 6.

if your 3 3.4 continuity is dictated by hasbro's sigma 6...you've got problems, cause i exspect a whole slew of changes...but really who does that? sigma 6 is its own entity
    Always wanted: Foreign figs, protos and test shots, and vs 1 BATs and parts.

I could have sworn I read somewhere that the cartoon will have Firefly defect to Cobra this season. If so, that was pretty predictable considering we all know him has a lone mercenary or a Cobra agent.

I know this might upset people, but this is just solidifies my view point on Sigma 6. I don't even consider it GI JOE, it is just Sigma 6. A total entity all of its own. Thus, this character has nothing and probably couldn't take the original Firefly (which is my favorite Cobra character)!