Cobra Infantry 6 pack - Page 5

yojoe.com

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayloxzuess
    I would probably respect your input into this more than anyone else's. I don't really know what they cost, I don't really care much either, lol. I just can't believe that that mold would cost $100,000 to make.
    I believe I heard it said that the tooling for the Defiant cost over $1,000,000 back in the 80's. I can't remember who told me that. Obviously, that's a GIGANTIC item though with hundreds of parts, some very large.

Given that, I would doubt that any figure tooling would hit the $100,000 price point considering Chinese labor costs, but $10K-$15K maybe is not unreasonable... perhaps a little more.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I wonder just how much Hasbro actually cares about the fan base to go ahead with all these Cobra trooper demands whether molding, retooling or cating. Are they even aware of this demand? How would they found out?

Also, has anyone actually sat with Brian from Master Collector and asked these questions? I would think that we could get a better answer (or at least a more definitive with better detail) from him and his organization that from a Hasbro rep who isn't really into the product (simply a pawn sent down to monitor the show, hand out half blanked answers and report it's progress.)
    WANTED: Two (2) clear visors

Quote Originally Posted by Lody666
    I wonder just how much Hasbro actually cares about the fan base to go ahead with all these Cobra trooper demands whether molding, retooling or cating. Are they even aware of this demand? How would they found out?
    I wouldnt be surprised if a Hasbro exec browses these boards & other mssg
    boards as well

They saw how successful the OCS sets were, so they went ahead & churned
    out the TRU-6pack Crimson sets, ingeniusly enough with Tomax in one, and
    Xamot in the other so you would HAVE TO buy both sets ~ I aint complaining
    tho

Am sure they saw how well the TRU Infantry packs sold, so they went ahead
    and made the Night Watch Sets that were still somewhat in the same genre
    as the Infantry Packs, using Troopers, a single dark skinned one & two
    Officers

I guess they also saw how appreciative we were of Oktober Guard Comic Packs
    #6 & #7, that they went ahead & created #101 with an affordable Dragonsky

I sure hope they read the posts asking for Comic Pack#17 was it
    with a comic accurate Grunt, Flash & Grand Slam!!
    New eBayID: the_faceless_master

Old eBayID: dreytopia

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Lody666
    Also, has anyone actually sat with Brian from Master Collector and asked these questions? I would think that we could get a better answer (or at least a more definitive with better detail) from him and his organization that from a Hasbro rep who isn't really into the product (simply a pawn sent down to monitor the show, hand out half blanked answers and report it's progress.)
    Your best bet would be to ask Nomad, he is a member here, but I haven't seen him post in a while. He knows a lot of those guys personally & has been to there office's and even there houses. Nomad is always a reliable source for the info
    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZblayloxzuess3-16

"HOW RARE IT IS"
    "SEE IT'S BADGES"

Quote Originally Posted by donsbabyboo
    I wouldnt be surprised if a Hasbro exec browses these boards & other mssg
    boards as well

They saw how successful the OCS sets were, so they went ahead & churned
    out the TRU-6pack Crimson sets, ingeniusly enough with Tomax in one, and
    Xamot in the other so you would HAVE TO buy both sets ~ I aint complaining
    tho
    OCS was so successful but we never saw vehicle-figure combo sets again. That's strange, but I chalk it up to anti-RAH bias within Hasbro. Not that the sets have to be RAH, though.

Then after the TRU 6-pack, they phoned-in the last sets, with the Winter Ops the only one to featured previously un-rereleased molds.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Stinson
    Given that, I would doubt that any figure tooling would hit the $100,000 price point considering Chinese labor costs, but $10K-$15K maybe is not unreasonable... perhaps a little more.
    right, I would say that sounds more reasonable. Here is a link to what $100,000 is http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...l%3Den%26lr%3D
    what you see pictured there and a mold for a 3 3/4" action figure don't seem like they are in the same ball park.

"HOW RARE IT IS"
    "SEE IT'S BADGES"

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    I'm still amazed when hardcore toy collectors say "Molds can't cost that much!" I used to think that way myself, but the fact is they really are costly. This is one reason why HASBRO has opted to re-tool some stuff to begin with.

And for too many reasons to get in to, the comparison to a car is pretty poor.

I've posted this link before. This is the best article I've read on the 3 3/4 production process. Its about S.W., but it applies to JOES. Its a couple years old and unfortunately many of the included links are dead but its still valid. Check it out, notably the part subtitled STEEL MOLDS:

THE MAKING OF AN ACTION FIGURE
    Last edited by Super Sport; 06-08-2006 at 03:58 PM.
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

Quote Originally Posted by DEAD MINT STORMSHADOW

And for too many reasons to get in to, the comparison to a car is pretty poor.

How is that pretty poor?

I'm not the one saying it cost that much, I'm pointing out something that really is $100,000. I do construction for a living, and you can build a 2800 square foot home from scratch and the materials for the whole house comes to a little under $100,000. You're telling me that a little mold for a 3 3/4" plastic toy... just the mold... cost more than an exotic German crafted sports car or a house??? With all due respect, I think we need to do a reality check, and I don't mean that offensively. But those numbers are way off. I'm sure it ain't cheap, but I'm sure it isn't that much either. Further more, let me please explain, that I honestly couldn't care less what they cost, I would be hard pressed to care less about molds in general I just seen that someone said they cost well over $100,000 and that just struck my curiosity.

"HOW RARE IT IS"
    "SEE IT'S BADGES"

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    Since you don't really care, I won't bother explaining it to you. Go waste someone else's time.

Oh, heres a smiley to compensate for my crass tone. Cause' smilies make it okay.
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

I think we all know better than to argue about something nobody here seems to have exact numbers on. Lets drop it & start getting along again.
    This is where my signature would be if I had something to say.