Gi Joe Vintage-new O-rings

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gi Joe Vintage-new O-rings

I have never taken apart any of the newer 3 3/4 inch joes/cobras. Do they use the same kind of o-ring they did when the line began? Where do you get these o-rings in bulk that fit both the old and new joes?

Also, is there a danger in using screws with pointed tips?

Thanks in advance guys...

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Yes they do use the same ones and if you have a Home Depot near by go to the toilet repair section and get the o-ring labeled #7 it fits perfectly. They come in packs of ten for 1.79.
    I've also used the pointed tip screws with no problem as long as they are the correct length.
    Hope this helps,
    Joe
    GI Joe's biggest fan, well at least according to DDP

really? they are the same? that is awesome!!!!! thank you

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Not really. Many of the O-rings I've seen used in the new figures are much smaller and cause some figures to stoop. The ones you get from online Joe stores are generally better than what Hasbro uses
    My G.I. Joe Store
    $1.99 or less bargains! (with low prices in ALL categories)
    --» Wanted

Wink A question about a screw?

Excuse the title..
    However the screw you mentioned earlier the one with a pointed tip.. can be used. As rightly said though make sure the head isn't too long.. as other wise it will break the torso if too long.
    NemesisEnforcerFan
    I sometimes.... can be awesome?

The ones at Home Depot are the exact same ones that I have received from some of the online Joe stores and I can pick them up whenever I need them. I do recommend buying from the sponsors as much as possible but some times its beneficial to be able to pick them up on the way home from work.
    Joe

The fact is it's hard to beat the price of smalljoes.com or something like that. You can get 100 o-rings from them for the price of a half dozen at most hardware stores anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakemesh
    The fact is it's hard to beat the price of smalljoes.com or something like that. You can get 100 o-rings from them for the price of a half dozen at most hardware stores anymore.
    True dat. But in a bind Home Depot does have them.
    Joe

smalljoes huh? I will look at their store although home depot sounds much quicker

lowe's brand # 42 is what i use
    Always wanted: Foreign figs, protos and test shots, and vs 1 BATs and parts.