Ace was with the 13 original joes from the start?

yojoe.com

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ace was with the 13 original joes from the start?

As I read the first issue of GI Joe declassified, I was surprised to learn that Ace was part of or at least linked to the original team.

Was he already part of the team or just linked to it. Does it mean that they were 14 from the start?

Quote Originally Posted by Redmao
    As I read the first issue of GI Joe declassified, I was surprised to learn that Ace was part of or at least linked to the original team.

Was he already part of the team or just linked to it. Does it mean that they were 14 from the start?
    Don't read too much into that. Mr. Hama just wanted to include some surprise cameos. The basic premise is that certain characters, (Ace, Doc, Wild Bill) served with the team in some capacity before they became official members.

There have been items that have established that the team was much larger than the first batch.

In the issues of the Marvel series that detailed the accident for Snake Eyes, Hama had Doc and Wild Bill make appearances.

It could be reasoned that the "original" team was just those currently activated for the set of missions chronicled in the original few issues of the comic.

John M>
    Apparently one of the longest standing members of Yojoe.com is now a troll. OK then... This troll is going to find a bridge somewhere and play Warhammer.