Is Sigma 6 a flop? - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Both Sigma 6 And Dtc Lines Are Sitting On The Shelves At Toys R Us Here In San Antonio, Tx. Target Has Sigma 6 Sitting On The Shelves. Everyone One Of Them Except Firefly And Snake Eyes Ops......the Dtc At Toys R Us Are Sifted Through But Most All Sit There. They Have Plent Of Those Remake Moray's With Beach Head And Flint. The Comic Packs Are Really The Only Thing I See Move Fast. Real Fast. Other Than That, It Looks Like People See It As Junk.............

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

At the TRU in Mobile, AL the Sigma Six stays stagnant while the DTC is a new set every week (the six packs are kinda moving, but the single packs are constantly going).

In the retail places around the area the S6 trickles- the Ninjas don't last long but the others take a lot longer to move, generally speaking.

PS. yeah, I'm biased against S6 but I can "report" objectively- it's just toys...

Question

As far as I now in this area they took awhile but every thing is slowly moving around.
    check my want
    http://forums.yojoe.com/wanted/34774...ure-parts.html
    read my fan fiction in the fan creativity section
    please visit http://jimmyz.myminicity.com/ and my website http://jmsberetta.webs.com

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I wouldn't think it was a flop just because there are stores still carrying the figures. They are people that are buying these things like crazy around here in NC. I am a straight 3 3/4 collector but I picked up the Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow two pack because I thought they looked cool.

Around here, it seems that S6 sits and sits and sits. They even collect massive amounts of dust. I think part of it is that the stores don't have enough shelf space for everything or, like most of the TRUs around here, they have them in an odd place. DTC seems to be selling well depending on the location (and how much money I have )
    Sam
    Read my blog, or I will replace all your Argen 7 figs with Crystal Balls!

my 2 cents

Welcome back from Iraq!!!

Sigma 6 would be better if they had an assortment of vehicles to choose from. A couple of ninja cycles isn't much to choose from.

I don't see vehicles as an option. To keep with scale the vehicle would be three times the size of a tonka truck. Hence the 2.5's on the way...
    "Oregon Outpost 788" is always looking for new members. Focused on collectors in the Northwest but all are certainly welcome. Check us out on Facebook.

Hasbro is happy with the sales figures for the first year. The second major push for the 2006/07 TV season is coming this fall, and with that we will see new characters, and new designs for the current cast.

Check your G.I.Joe Collectors' Club newsletter for more information and pictures.

I still see Wave 1 S6 clogging shelves around here. DTC stuff at TRU tends to vanish as soon as it gets here (with the exception of the over-priced Viper Lockdown set, which has been warming pegs since it first showed up).