Is Sigma 6 a flop? - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange
    I still see Wave 1 S6 clogging shelves around here. DTC stuff at TRU tends to vanish as soon as it gets here...
    Yeah, that's pretty much the same way it is here in Buffalo, NY. Sigma Six sits, and DTC flys off the shelves. I hear people keep saying that Sigma Six is doing well, but I see very little evidence of that at retail around here.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by The Buffalo Soldier
    Yeah, that's pretty much the same way it is here in Buffalo, NY. Sigma Six sits, and DTC flys off the shelves. I hear people keep saying that Sigma Six is doing well, but I see very little evidence of that at retail around here.
    yeah, I tend to see the same Transformers, Marvel Legends and Star Wars figures on the shelves. those lines must be flops too.

You're not really seeing wave 1 as much as you're seeing re-packs from that assortment. Out here in Seattle I see pretty much the whole line everywhere I go - for a while Cobra Commander was hard to find, but not now.

The only figures around here that aren't moving as fast are the Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow 2-pack w/ DVD.

For all intents and purposes, these are hot hot hot sellers.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RedClaw
    You're not really seeing wave 1 as much as you're seeing re-packs from that assortment. Out here in Seattle I see pretty much the whole line everywhere I go - for a while Cobra Commander was hard to find, but not now.

The only figures around here that aren't moving as fast are the Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow 2-pack w/ DVD.

For all intents and purposes, these are hot hot hot sellers.
    Hmmm, the versions around here must be the super ultra rare versions with 1/2 inch of dust action accessory. Just kidding. Seriously though, they do tend to collect dust around here, and I'm talking wicked amounts. I think next time I'm down in the toy section I'm gonna write my name in the dust and see if it is still there a few weeks later. However, interestingly enough, Marvel Legends stuff doesn't stay on the shelves at all. Neither does DTC, with a few exceptions (I think the Ice Sabre has been at local TRUs since the Defiant was released).
    Sam
    Read my blog, or I will replace all your Argen 7 figs with Crystal Balls!

The TRU's here in Indiana are jammed with DTC stuff. Army builders, 6 packs, Ice Sabres, none of it sells. Sigma seems to be doing pretty well here. I havent seen a Firefly, Long Range, Spirit, Bat w/Glider, or Ninja Bat in quite awhile since I bought them. Not sure if Destro is out yet, but i have never seen him at all.

Walmart here is empty on Sigma except 2-3 oddball repacks of the 1st series stuff.

In my part of California, both Sigma Six and DTC appear to be almost dead. The two local TRU's have a four foot endcap for both lines to share. The S6 stuff is old Wave I stuff. The DTC stuff is maybe two Ice Sabres and maybe one six pack. Almost nothing.

The local Targets and Wal-Marts don't carry any Joe stuff at all.

According to reports that came out of the Convention, Hasbro is VERY pleased with the sales of Sigma 6. It does seem to be sitting a little bit right now, but hey, it's summer. That tends to be a down time for toys.

And, in fairness, the action figure market as a whole isn't anywhere near what it used to be. Video games have taken over, and only the hardiest and cleverest survive. These days, that's pretty much Power Rangers and Transformers, and to a lesser degree Star Wars.

I suspect the 2.5" line, although I personally have no interest in it, will be a help to Sigma Six on the whole. I just hope it doesn't supplant the 8" line, which I do enjoy, although based on what was shown at the Convention, Hasbro does have some good plans for that, and it looks to include new CHARACTERS more than just rehashes of the existing ones with new accessory sets.

I am concerned that splitting the line between two such drastic sizes could be a mistake, but if Sigma Six can survive that, and if they can get away from infinite Dukes and Snake-Eyes, and bring in more characters to the 8" line, I think Sigma Six will continue to prosper as well as any action figure line can expect to these days.

Does anybody on this board care if S6 survives or not? I love the 3 3/4" line and the characters but I have no interest in S6. I bought a few of the figures but S6 has not caught my imagination at all. I wouldn't care if the line died. What does everyone else think?

I only care about the line as so far as it does support GI JOE. I do not wish the name to take a hit. I really am not into the line. IT is too big and not real enough. The big weapons are silly. At least with the little ones I can buy some custome guns from Maurauder Gun Runner and outfit my joes with realistic weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnok4life
    Does anybody on this board care if S6 survives or not? I love the 3 3/4" line and the characters but I have no interest in S6. I bought a few of the figures but S6 has not caught my imagination at all. I wouldn't care if the line died. What does everyone else think?
    I care sigma 6 is doing things that the 3 3/4" could not do no offense to the 3 3/4" collecters. See I like them because they have gimmicks to the toys now. I use to collect the 3 3/4", then I saw sigma 6 and I like what the were doing.
    Last edited by utrom; 07-04-2006 at 01:40 PM.