Is Sigma 6 a flop? - Page 5

yojoe.com

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by The Buffalo Soldier
    I care a lot more about whether or not the DTC survives, because ultimately I see that as the avenue by which 12" Hasbro GI Joe will likely return. Most of my GI Joe collection is 12" although I do have a lot of the smaller Joes too. I haven't bought any Sigma Six toys, because they don't really look like GI Joes to me. They are just too unrealistic looking. The only one I've even considered potentially buying is the Sky Bat, because it kinda looks like a Micronauts toy.
    Hear hear!

I pretty much only give a rat's backside about RAH from 1982 to 1990 and 1997 to 2001 for my own purposes, and I've got nothing but love for the 12" line that started this thing, but I just don't care for this new line. They're quite angular, extremely out of proportion, and very anime-ish (and I hate anime). I think they're performing adequately for Hasbro to keep the line going, but I still think they're probably disappointed it's not the runaway hit that the 12" and 3.75" lines were when they debuted. That being said, I think they're keeping the 3.75" line in reserve and will eventually re-introduce it, either to capitalize on the strength of the brand if S6 grows from mediocre to decent, or to cover up if it fails.

Personally, I don't see it lasting much longer since they can't decide what scale to go with.......

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Here is my opinion.
    I never saw a kid buy any of the sigma 6 line and I have been to alot of stores.Just last week at toys"r"us I saw a kid pass up sigma 6 and go to the 3 3/4" elite forces line and then on to the dtc.
    I Have had kids ask me questions about the 3 3/4" and where to get them.I think that sigma 6 isn't a total flop(because of us joe collectors not the kids)
    I personally want more dtc and the like,but that is my opinion.
    Last edited by cobraferret; 09-02-2006 at 10:53 PM.
    Memories are some of the greatest gifts anyone can receive.

Quote Originally Posted by cobraferret
    Here is my opinion.
    I never saw a kid buy any of the sigma 6 line and I have been to alot of stores.Just last week at toys"r"us I saw a kid pass up sigma 6 and go to the 3 3/4" elite forces line and then on to the dtc.
    I Have had kids ask me questions about the 3 3/4" and where to get them.I think that sigma 6 isn't a total flop(because of us joe collectors not the kids)
    I personally want more dtc and the like,but that is my opinion.
    Isolated instances do not reflect a national trend.

Keep in mind the core reason said kid might have even cared about 3.75 toys was the fact you have a tRU available that carries it. On a national level, 3.75 figures are basically GONE from a majority of markets (Target canned their Elite Force line, and I've heard of many Walmarts getting rid of Corps), the only GI JOe widely available is Sigma Six.

And in regards to it, I've seen solid sales in my area, unlike most lines, the Dragonhawk is the only "high end toy" to not have ANY overstock. Cybertron Primus, Cars sets, SWTF Falcon, Power Ranger Playsets are all overstocked (ie, bunch of it is on the top risers), but I see the Dragonhawk regularly fluctuate between 1-3 units at a given point.

And again, what one person sees on a local level does not reflect actual results, I'm sure there are plenty of areas that have LOTS of Dragonhawks. The only way to tell if a line is successful or not is by its support by the company that makes it.

And I can guarantee that collectors are NOT keeping Sigma Six alive

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

What I get out of Sigma 6

1. I bought the Dragonhawk and the Firebat. Completely unrealistic designs, but what the heck, if you are into Joes for the realism, then that's one **** of a reality!

2. I will be getting the black Cobra Commander and Zartan. Plus, as some here have discovered, the Aero BAT and Ninja BAT make great mecha fodder for the 3.75 Cobra forces.

3. I like the Ninja Armor Snake Eyes.

The stores i've hit in and out of my area are hit or miss with the Sigma Six line. Some are chock full of figs(the same ones on the same peg each time you go) and some stores are having to restock constantly. I have a buddy of mine who works stock part time at a Target in my area and he says they have great sales in the line from both adults and kids. I just picked up my first today........and now plan on getting more. They are growing on me.

They are growing on me too,but the price still hasn't
    Memories are some of the greatest gifts anyone can receive.