Is Sigma 6 a flop?

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Is Sigma 6 a flop?

I came back from Iraq to see no more joes on the shelves. I know they dumped it for Sigma 6. However, I see them peg warming the shelves and think they are rather boring and a bit to anime for my liking.

Does anyone know how well they are doing? My kids do not even want them, they prefer the small ones.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

They are doing alright.

It just seems like the media push (cartoon) did a lot for Sigma Six. The 12" line based on 3 3/4" characters died with wimper and no one seem to care (actually the entire 12" died), but those seem more interesting to me than the Anime look of Sigma Six.

Sigma 6 is not a flop and is going strong plus I like what they are doing with the new toys.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Is the cartoon still running, can't seem to find it anymore - unless it changed days or times... it wasn't very good in my view anyway. I've never been interested in the line, I'm only loyal to 3 3/4in.

Quote Originally Posted by utrom
    Sigma 6 is not a flop and is going strong plus I like what they are doing with the new toys.
    I think saying it is going strong is a little strong choice of words. I constantly see the same figures on the shelves which is an indication it isn't selling that quickly.

Sales aren't great, but they aren't terrible either, relatively speaking

I just wish they wouldn't spread themselves thin like this. All the lines suffer in the long run because everyone has their preferences and they don't usually embrace all the sizes (the new 2", ARAH, new sculpts, Sigma 6, 12")

It won't be the colossal flop that the Sgt. Savage and Extreme lines were, because Sigma 6 is somewhat based on the known 3 3/4" characters
    Last edited by Patrick A. Riley; 06-27-2006 at 06:10 PM.
    My G.I. Joe Store
    $1.99 or less bargains! (with low prices in ALL categories)
    --» Wanted

I guess it depends on where you are located. Here in Reno, NV Sigma Six is selling extremly well in all five of our Super Wal-Marts , two Targets, and our one Toys-R-Us. But the DTC 3 3/4 figures at our Toys-R-Us fly off the shelf and I mean fly. If your not there the day they come in then boy your outa luck 'cause they are gone.
    Joe
    GI Joe's biggest fan, well at least according to DDP

In Oregon, the Sigma line seems mediocre at best. Toys are pretty popular in this area and G.I. Joe pegs are usually full of figures where as the Marvel Legends, Star Wars and even Pirates of the Caribbean pegs are usually wiped out.
    "Oregon Outpost 788" is always looking for new members. Focused on collectors in the Northwest but all are certainly welcome. Check us out on Facebook.

I wouldn't call it a "flop" in these here parts. I don't see any of the first series of the S6 figures in any of my usual haunts, and the pegs usually looke picked through. Only thing I would call a "flop" is the big multi-gun thing--there's an abundance of those sitting around.

In one location locally, I think it is interesting that there is still GvC and Spytroops (never got VvV since the pegs were too full for restock), however, the S6 figures right next to them are almost always gone.

The kids that I've overheard in the toy aisles seem to be drawn to the larger size figures. For instance, in TRU about a year ago, the kids were SO much more interested in the 12" figs than any of the VvV or 6 packs sitting above them. Maybe the large detail and more attractive packaging are kid-draws, too. Never know for sure, though.

S6 is sitting on the shelf at the TRU I work at, but they DTC line is flying, people/collectors seem to eat DTC up, yet sig just sits on the pegs. Maybe the 2 inch line will do better.