"Comic" pack errors

yojoe.com

\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n Flophouse\r\n \r\n
\r\n Flophouse is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n Member\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Flophouse\'s Avatar\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n "Comic" pack errors\r\n

\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n I was just reading through some of the comics that came with recent figure 3 packs. I noticed some sloppy editing details. In issue #9, Scarlett is written both ways in the dialogue captions, sometimes with one "t" sometimes with two "tt" at the end. That\'s sloppy copy editing back in the day as I\'m sure these reissues are just straight transfers with no tinkering.
\n
\nAlso, in issue #44, Destro at one point refers to Dr. Mindbender as Dr. Brain Wave and then a few panels later he refers to him as Dr. Minderbender.
\n
\nNow we know where those 1000 monkeys at 1000 typewriters were during the 80\'s.\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
"Get a life will you people! I mean look at you, look at the way you\'re dressed. You there, you must be almost 30, have you ever kissed a girl?" - William Shatner
\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n -' + '->\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote Reply With Quote \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n -' + '->\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n'; pd[220739] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #2\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Patrick A. Riley\r\n \r\n
    \r\n Patrick A. Riley is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Member\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Patrick A. Riley\'s Avatar\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n The explanation for the use of the name Dr. Brainwave is that it was just Destro goofing on Mindbender.
    \r\n
    \r\nBrainwave was actually being considered to be the name for the character before they settled on Mindbender.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    My G.I. Joe Store
    \r\n$1.99 or less bargains! (with low prices in ALL categories)
    \r\n-' + '-» Wanted
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote Reply With Quote \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[220748] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #3\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n The Faceless Master\r\n \r\n
    \r\n The Faceless Master is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Annoyance Handler / Mod\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n The Faceless Master\'s Avatar\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Thumbs down not really a comic pack, but a comic IN a pack...\r\n

\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Destro sure has an issue with names then
    \nThis comic was included in the 5 figure Ninja Battles set
    \nhttp://www.yojoe.com/comics/hasbro/ninjabattles.shtml
    \n
    \nIn the few frames that Destro shows his mug in this comic,
    \nhe refers to Stormshadows apprentice, Shadow Strike as Quickstrike
    \n
    \nAlso, this figure http://www.yojoe.com/action/05/shadowstrike.shtml
    \nis packaged and named as Shadow Strike, but in the comic the same figure is
    \nreferred to as Slash...
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\nNew eBayID: the_faceless_master
    \r\n
    \r\nOld eBayID: dreytopia

\r\n* - * - *
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; // next/previous post info pn[220736] = "220748,220739"; pn[0] = ",220736"; pn[220739] = "220736,220748"; pn[220748] = "220739,220736"; // cached usernames pu[0] = guestphrase; pu[5133] = "Flophouse"; pu[308] = "Patrick A. Riley"; pu[3802] = "The Faceless Master"; // -->

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

"Comic" pack errors

I was just reading through some of the comics that came with recent figure 3 packs. I noticed some sloppy editing details. In issue #9, Scarlett is written both ways in the dialogue captions, sometimes with one "t" sometimes with two "tt" at the end. That's sloppy copy editing back in the day as I'm sure these reissues are just straight transfers with no tinkering.

Also, in issue #44, Destro at one point refers to Dr. Mindbender as Dr. Brain Wave and then a few panels later he refers to him as Dr. Minderbender.

Now we know where those 1000 monkeys at 1000 typewriters were during the 80's.
      "Get a life will you people! I mean look at you, look at the way you're dressed. You there, you must be almost 30, have you ever kissed a girl?" - William Shatner