Where is the g.i.joe video game?

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where is the g.i.joe video game?

I have been wondering this for awhile now.My brother plays alot of war games,like battlefield modern combat,mercinares...this list goes on.How hard could it be to make on and why havn't it been done yet?I don't play war games but i would get this one.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I think I saw a Joe mod for Red Alert a couple years ago, but if I remember right it was a little buggy.
    This is where my signature would be if I had something to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Faceless
    I have been wondering this for awhile now.My brother plays alot of war games,like battlefield modern combat,mercinares...this list goes on.How hard could it be to make on and why havn't it been done yet?I don't play war games but i would get this one.
    Well no established developer is going to take a gamble on a license which is pretty much a niche market right now. And while there have been mods attempted, they've all been shut down by Hasbro as far as I know.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

If they gave it a chance,i think they would be surprised by it.The comics are doing really good right now,people are on a mad hunt for the dvds and people are still hunting the toys.I think the market is there for it,but i also agree with delevolpers not wanting to take a chance with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Faceless
    If they gave it a chance,i think they would be surprised by it.The comics are doing really good right now,people are on a mad hunt for the dvds and people are still hunting the toys.I think the market is there for it,but i also agree with delevolpers not wanting to take a chance with it.
    Well of course we're biased and if we come to Yo Joe everyday it would seem like there are a lot of Joe fans out there, but in reality this is not the case. And you have to consider that a lot of folks are soley into the figures and couldn't care less about the comic, cartoon, etc...

Then you have to take into account that it usually takes a few to several million dollars to make a good game these days. I can't see any developer in the world taking a risk like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleak5170
    Well no established developer is going to take a gamble on a license which is pretty much a niche market right now. And while there have been mods attempted, they've all been shut down by Hasbro as far as I know.
    I found these interesting facts on Gooogle.69% of heads of households play video games and the average game player age is 33 years old!Perfect age range for Gi Joe.I dont think it would be much of a gamble.Command n Conquer Joe vs Cobra......sweet!!I would buy it in a second!

Quote Originally Posted by Bleak5170
    Well of course we're biased and if we come to Yo Joe everyday it would seem like there are a lot of Joe fans out there, but in reality this is not the case. And you have to consider that a lot of folks are soley into the figures and couldn't care less about the comic, cartoon, etc...

Then you have to take into account that it usually takes a few to several million dollars to make a good game these days. I can't see any developer in the world taking a risk like that.
    Gi Joe is a huge name.They could make the crapiest game ever made and slap the Gi Joe name on it and it would still probably sell well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobraghostship
    Gi Joe is a huge name.They could make the crapiest game ever made and slap the Gi Joe name on it and it would still probably sell well.
    I beg to differ. Well the part about G.I. Joe being a huge name. I'm sure the game would sell well, but that's because the videogame industry is at an all-time high and even crap games sell well.

G.I. Joe however is far from huge right now. It's almost impossible to find the DVDs anymore, (if it was that big you would think Sony would actually re-release them all), yet I see Thundercats, Transformers, and He-Man everywhere I go.

Even the Joe comics are slow movers around here. There are several comic stores in my city, and from talking with various retailers I've learned that very few people buy G.I. Joe. I know that this also has to be the case in other areas as well.

And lastly, I know the figures are back at TRU now, but if G.I. Joe was that big we would see the toys in several stores. ****, even the TRUs here don't have A.R.A.H. now - everything is Sigma Six.

I would love to see the Joe universe be bigger than it is now, but I can't see that happening anytime soon. Personally, I keep expecting America's Elite to be cancelled.

Gi Joe is a huge name to 30 year olds.Which is the average gamer age,or where the money comes from.
    Last edited by Cobraghostship; 08-03-2006 at 01:35 PM.

Are the DVDs hard to find because they dont make em or because they sell out quick??ALso I think they make to many different lines of the new toys.I see new stuff everyday on Ebay....wave10,wave11,convention exclusive.etc,4 million different versions of crimson guards,vipers,etc.They're like friggin baseball cards.Very irritating when you dont collect new stuff.What happened to just having a few figures every year like when they first came out??
    Last edited by Cobraghostship; 08-03-2006 at 01:42 PM.