Rusted Screws!! Help!!

yojoe.com

Rusted Screws!! Help!!

Hey,

I just got a Viper Pilot with a broken rubber band and badly rusted screws. I need to get this guy apart, but I don't want to damage the figure. Any ideas or recommendations?

Thanks, guys!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Giggity giggity goo...... Volleydan's Avatar
    I've heard that you can pour some coca cola on it and it will eat away the rusted screw in a couple of hours. I've never tried it, though.
    MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.....

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Question Hahaha

Yeah try the coke .. that will do it for sure I had a v1 Techno-Viper with the same problem weeks ago.. using a dremel you can drill the screw head off and pop the figure apart.. you do have to be carefull doing this put if your good enough you'll manage it.
    I'd be interested to see how you get on with this.. a viper pilot with bad screws and O-ring.. is this one you acquired just recently?
    I sometimes.... can be awesome?

just use muscle. it aint going to hurt it.

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisEnforcerFan
    Yeah try the coke .. that will do it for sure I had a v1 Techno-Viper with the same problem weeks ago.. using a dremel you can drill the screw head off and pop the figure apart.. you do have to be carefull doing this put if your good enough you'll manage it.
    I'd be interested to see how you get on with this.. a viper pilot with bad screws and O-ring.. is this one you acquired just recently?
    Nem is dead on just use a small drill bit on your dremel and the head of the screw will come off. The two pieces should come apart then use a pair of needle nose vise grips to clamp onto the rest of the screw in the front half of the figure and just turn it until it screws out.
    Joe
    GI Joe's biggest fan, well at least according to DDP