Original or replaced O-ring

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Original or replaced O-ring

Hi-

When buying loose GI Joes, especially buying the original 12, does it matter to you if the o-ring in original or has been replaced? Is there anyway to tell if the ring has been replaced just by looking at the figure.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Well in the 3 3/4 Joes...it doesn't matter to me at all if the o-rings have been replaced as long as they are nice and tight. It would be something I would do for my own figures anyway...

Agreed, on a lot of figures you'll replace the O-Ring anyways so to me the O-Ring doesn't matter or affect the value of a vintage figure.
    ReilToys has closed - thanks for all the memories guys!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Yeah, I don't mind if they're original or replacement either. Most of those figs are 20+ years old. As long as as they're snug and not wobbly

Doesn't matter to me one bit. I mean, we're talking about rubber o-rings... I don't care if they're original. When they are, they're usually loose anyway...
    Currently Looking For:
    An unbroken/mint; '83 HQ "base" (the big main part), 1 MG and 2 cameras; Brazil Gatilho.

I so agree. I just ordered some new ones becasue Lady Jaye, Rock and Roll and Beach head all snaped within the last week. What's important to me is paint job and accessories that are in good shape.

Jared

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jaimanstone
    I so agree. I just ordered some new ones becasue Lady Jaye, Rock and Roll and Beach head all snaped within the last week. What's important to me is paint job and accessories that are in good shape.

Jared
    thanks for the opinions. wasn't sure if a replaced o-ring should affect the value of a figure or not.

The state of the O-ring doen't bother me if the figure is in good condition as the O-ring can be easily replaced.

Willard Ohio, home of Seattle Seahawks QB Charlie Frye
    Doesn't matter to me in the least. I replace the o-rings in my higher end old figures anyway.

here's my analogy:
    if the arm was broke, would it matter if it got replaced with a good arm? it's not 100% orginal, just as in replacing the o-ring, it is however 100% complete.
    Providing it had the accessories, where applicable, unbroken and the same. Again, I'm 90% sure my hard top and 99% sure my heavy metal (barring the off chance they somehow wound them seles up in my hands through 2 different people.... possible but too remote to count) mics came from different places, so they're not 100% original and definatly not repro, but they are 100 % complete (depending on ones veiw of hardtops gun). get what I mean.