O-Ring replacement

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

O-Ring replacement

What size o-ring do you use to replace worn ones? Do you just have to unscrew the figures back and hook it on the legs to replace?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I don't have the size on me at the moment, but you're correct in the replacement procedure. Just hook the legs on to the oring, run it through the waist and wrap it around the screw housing in the back

EDIT: Danco Brand #10 O rings are the ones I've used the dimentions are: 11/16" O.D. X 1/2" I.D. X 3/32"
    Last edited by Shogi; 09-16-2006 at 11:38 PM.

i buy size #41 from the lowe's brand...the numbers are slightly different if you go to home depo
    Always wanted: Foreign figs, protos and test shots, and vs 1 BATs and parts.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I think anywhere from a 9 - 11 will work from the Home Depot brand, though my choice is the 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogi
    EDIT: Danco Brand #10 O rings are the ones I've used the dimentions are: 11/16" O.D. X 1/2" I.D. X 3/32"
    I use Danco Brand #9 (from Lowe's)
    1983-1985 Figure Variations/Color Differences: http://kegdaddy.yolasite.com
    Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.p...165#post471165

It depends on the figure too, a lot of the new sculpt ones needs a smaller o-ring than the old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bountyhunter Toys
    "Personally, I think there's far too many stupid people in the world. I say we remove the warning labels off everything and let nature take it's course."
    I should be dead by now...HAHAHAHA!

These will be for the 82-83 figures. So which one is a direct match or do they both work just as well? The danco #9 or #10.

Thanks for the help!

The easiest way is to take with you the old o-ring and compare them with the ones you are to purchase. I really have no idea bout the size, I simply do it that way

the #10 seem like they might be a sliver too thick for the neck and arm area but that doesn't bother me just means the arms will be real tight, the chest still closes up tight and everything

I just got these rings and replaced five figures including the first issue breaker and the rings are fantastic! The joes are like new now.

Jared