Stuck/Stripped/Rusted Screws, O-Ring & T-Hook Replacement, Hose, Decals - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Blisters

I'm a MOC collector and one of my MOCs has a small dent on the upper right hand corner. Does anyone know how to pop it right back out?
    Current Want list in MISB: Attack Chopper (Camo), and Battle in a Box (Costco).

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

What I'd like to know is,
    how to prevent elbow cracks, and how to restore them.

Any chance for a tutorial?

Quote Originally Posted by Static
    I'm a MOC collector and one of my MOCs has a small dent on the upper right hand corner. Does anyone know how to pop it right back out?
    Try pressing on the front a little while squeezing the sides where the dent is.This worked for mine.
    Hope this helps

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

What should I do if there is a stripped screw ? I'm not talking about the threads of the screw....I'm talking about the phillips cross .....

I got a perfect emblem Viper Glider pilot, and it is bugging me cause the O ring is messed up and I can't unscrew it to replace it. cause of the way the Screw is.

what i do is and it works with almost 100% of cases

i take a flat head screwdriver probably not going to find the right size so i file down i slightly larger one to make it fit just right from side ti side

i lay the figure face down on the floor yeah i know viper pilot
    i press the driver in to screw with as much force as i can and slowly turn the screw sometimes this doesnt work, sometimes youll actually need to gently tap the driver with a hammer or something usually that will dislodge it enough for you to hand turn it

i tell you its will take awhile to get used to id master it on other figures first but once you have it figured out and stripped screw will never be a problem

ive only had one not come out i eventually just poked holes around the screw and essentially broke the back peice on purpose and just replaced it with another, but i have to say i seriously doubt youll ever have to do that

let meknow how that works

Has anyone ever found a way to repair broken waist-pieces (crotches)? I think there was a customizer named "Evilface" or somethin' like that who had figured up a way to fix them... but his method was, of course, sculpting a new one from epoxy putty. I have tried but once to do such a thing. It worked, but it didn't look pretty... epoxy putty is such a fickle medium to have to use. It seems to me one has to be pretty masterful to get a good effect.

I guess I shall try again and hone my craft...

And I'm sure that by this point everyone has noticed the regularity of crotch/waist-pieces being broken in Dusty, Lifeline, and Duke v1 figures...

O-ring replacement!

If the o-ring comes from figure that was glued there is no need to boiling that and (and the end) put it apart. There is one smart move. You know that standard o-ring is size 3/4 inch, the same as tap seal, you may get at home depo or shop like that. If it comes to glued torso You have to buy 1/2 inch seal (a little bigger). You will not hook it for the hook (forgive my any language mistakes) but the rubber will hold legs directly by the straight piece between legs. One "end" You hook beneath that piece (between legs) and to the second one You attach thin fishing line and with its help You are searching your way over the piece connecting both pieces of torso, thru mechanism (for Ninja Force). Then You pull it out on the other side and strecht the rubber. You are finishin the movment with the same step as at the beggining. It's easier to say that to do that but the new o-ring holds excellent, believe me. If that's unclear in any way I may send You a photo with repaired figure. If You have any other problems just write me. I have big experience in repairing figures and vehicles and have detailed guide made by myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave Viper
    What should I do if there is a stripped screw ? I'm not talking about the threads of the screw....I'm talking about the phillips cross .....

I got a perfect emblem Viper Glider pilot, and it is bugging me cause the O ring is messed up and I can't unscrew it to replace it. cause of the way the Screw is.
    If the cross on the head is "holed" You have to make one thing. Tak a flat scredriver with the edge equal or a little bigger that the diameter of the screw. And the You have gently but firmly turn it around in that hole, scrapping metal deeper and deeper, just to the bottom of the head of the screw. In one moment the head fall off releasing the torso halves. Then the only thing is to take the pliers and gently turn out the rest of the screw out the hole. I tell You this is fully tested method, totally unharmful for the condition of the figures. If You are mastered in that You may use precise grinder but screwdriver is better anyway.

Broken Thumbs

Do you guys know how to fix thumbs. THANKS

Very cool!! Thanks for all the great links and ideas!!!
    Jill of all Trades, Mistress of None....
    I have many skills....
    You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!
    Don't make me use my magic on you!
    Non illigitamus carborundum