Stuck/Stripped/Rusted Screws, O-Ring & T-Hook Replacement, Hose, Decals - Page 4

yojoe.com

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pit Viper
    Has anybody had any trouble unscrewing newer figures? The Vietnam era Stalker figure I got a year or so back had his o-ring snap already. I figured it would be an easy fix but I can not get it to budge. It's not glued in there or anything is it?
    Just as an update, I tried the boiling method and it worked like a charm.
    ~Pit-Viper~

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Didn't read the rest of the posts, but I drill off rusted screw heads with a small *sharp* drill bit, and split the figure, and grab the remaining bit of the screw with a needle nose pliers and twist it out easily.

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad
    Didn't read the rest of the posts, but I drill off rusted screw heads with a small *sharp* drill bit, and split the figure, and grab the remaining bit of the screw with a needle nose pliers and twist it out easily.
    Yeah, that's what happens when I do it, more often than not. A couple times the remainder of the screw just won't come out, though. It's rare, but it happens.
    Currently Looking For:
    An unbroken/mint; '83 HQ "base" (the big main part), 1 MG and 2 cameras; Brazil Gatilho.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

This might be old news, but I just noticed that the GIJCC store has O-rings.

But you can get 10 O-rings for like 1.50 at home depot.

I've seen the question asked quite a few times, but I've never found the answer: What size are the torso screws in a 3 3/4" Joe?

I know that the screws are 1/4" stainless steel, pan-headed sheet metal screws, but I can't tell the diameter. If I measure in metric, they look like #2 screws and if I measure in inches, they look like #3. Short of buying a micrometer, does anyone know where I could find this out?

I've been to both Lowe's and Home Depot and neither carry screws that small. Where does everyone find them?

Yeah if you ever buy O-rings for more than 20 cents, your being ripped off. Don't EVER buy these online.

#8's are the best overall, but #9's work well too, but #9's can be tricky on the 1985 and earlier figs. They will work, just gotta be a little more careful.

They cost $1.97 at my local Home Depot for 10 rings. So they're basically 20 cents each.

Quote Originally Posted by CobraLALALALA
    Yeah if you ever buy O-rings for more than 20 cents, your being ripped off. Don't EVER buy these online.

#8's are the best overall, but #9's work well too, but #9's can be tricky on the 1985 and earlier figs. They will work, just gotta be a little more careful.

They cost $1.97 at my local Home Depot for 10 rings. So they're basically 20 cents each.
    WHAAAATTTTT!! I would say if you have ever bought o-rings from Home Depot you are being ripped off. I get them 100 for $4 shipped!! That is 4 cents each mind you. Save yourself some money.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/G-I-Joe-100-O-ri...lenotsupported

Also leg and back screws here:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Back-and-Leg-Scr...lenotsupported
    They are a perfect fit for size and depth, only beef is the screw driver size is smaller and is visibly different from the originals. The screws at smalljoes suck, sorry smalljoes, but the screw head is way too big for legs and they are just a hair wider for backs, they will strip out the threads, beware!!

I think SmallJoes stopped offering the screws actually. They have a pretty good price on o-rings though (100 for $6), I need to get some more soon actually. To get screws I think I may just buy more junked Joes, I always have cannibalized my own collection to get them in the past.