Stuck/Stripped/Rusted Screws, O-Ring & T-Hook Replacement, Hose, Decals

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Stuck/Stripped/Rusted Screws, O-Ring & T-Hook Replacement, Rivets, Hose, Decals

Questions about some of the more common repairs seem to pop up on a regular basis. This isn't a bad thing, it's something everybody has to deal with eventually, & as long as we're getting new board members, there will be people asking. With the number of threads already on these subjects, it seemed to make sense point out a few & possibly save some time searching.

A good tutorial on several common repairs.

This is not an endorsement of any particular suppliers, simply a listing of related threads with member advice & suggestions.

Stuck, Stripped, & Rusted Screws: (for backs & legs)

O-Rings:

Zartan/Ninja Force O-Rings:

T-Hooks: (aka j-hooks or pelvis-hooks)

Accessory Hose

Replacing Forearms/Arm & Leg Rivets

Replacement Decals

Decal Removal

25th Anniversary Style Figure Construction
    Supplied by Hasbro at the 2007 Atlanta GI Joe Convention
    (click to view full-sized)

This isn't comprehensive, just what a couple quick searches turned up. I'm sure there are many more threads on all of these topics, but between what's listed, it should be able to answer most questions about them. If you have a related question that you don't see an answer for, ask it here - with all the collective knowledge of all the active members, you should get an answer in no time.

If anybody has tips, a list of o-ring or screw sizes & types, found a new supplier for parts, or anything else, please share them. Thanks.
    Last edited by CGC; 03-30-2008 at 05:58 PM. Reason: added a thread

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

It may also be worthwhile to point out the FRIDGE guide, available on the site for a number of years:
    http://www.yojoe.com/faq/fridge.txt

Wow...never even heard of the Fridge guide. Thanks.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Added links to threads on replacing & removing decals.
    This is where my signature would be if I had something to say.

I read through most of these threads, great information! One question I saw asked, and one that I had myself, what is a suitable adhevise to reapply original stickers? I have a few that have dried up and fallen off. Rather than buying repros, I would like to clean these up and reapply them.
    A most excellent idea sire!

my Wants:
    http://forums.yojoe.com/wanted/13558...tml#post812661

Quote Originally Posted by tripwire
    I read through most of these threads, great information! One question I saw asked, and one that I had myself, what is a suitable adhevise to reapply original stickers? I have a few that have dried up and fallen off. Rather than buying repros, I would like to clean these up and reapply them.
    I use water based white glue like Elmers so that it will be easy to remove again if needed. But they do not stick great. I too want something better.

Where do you guys buy your replacement screws?? What is the size and how much are they?
    Selling, buying, and trading GI Joes since 1990. Well buying since 1984 . . .

Site is under construction, but please check my inventory at:
    http://tcmckinney.ecrater.com/

Quote Originally Posted by seller
    Where do you guys buy your replacement screws?? What is the size and how much are they?
    Buy them from smalljoes.com or gijoeheaven.com

I tried to buy them myself at a hardware store and they were more expensive and harder to find the quantity then just buying them online.

Too bad the t hooks aren't available anymore (that I can see)...Does anyone have any links to any current sellers?

I only see a 5-pack on eBay with a $7.99 BIN...

Repairing swivel arm battle grip and straight arm

So, I came up with another effective way to fix swivel arm and straight elbow joints.

I went to a sewing store and purchased the smallest gage of clear nylon thread that they sell. . .I guess it's used for quilt making. It works great!

I just cut off about a 4in strand, put the swivel joint in the middle of the thread. Then, criss-cross the ends once, and then tie a double knot (or square knot). Whola! You're done. Sometimes the joint is still loose, so, just wrap them to the back side of the arm and tie another double knot. The same procedure works for the straight arm elbows too, just go slow and make sure the thread is following in the groove.

Once the joint seems tight enough (only test it once the knot is tied, otherwise it will come unravelled), I use a pair of fingernail clippers to cut off the ends close to the figure. Sometimes I need to use a blade to tuck the string in the joint, but usually not.

Hope this helps.