Stuck/Stripped/Rusted Screws, O-Ring & T-Hook Replacement, Hose, Decals - Page 7

yojoe.com

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Shadow Force, Ninja Force, Street Fighter Figure fixes?

Anyone know if it's possible or are they goners? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

It's possible, but not terribly easy. Here's one I did with Ninja Force Scarlett several years ago:

Ninja Force Scarlett

I'd probably use some sort of putty to round out the hip connections nowadays.

I take it you are referring to the broken o-ring situation? I do believe that you can fish a larger o-ring over the top of where the original o-ring would be and attach it to the t-bar. I'm not sure how accurate that description is, but I thought that was how I have heard it done.
    Welcome to the Island! http://www.cobraisland.com

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gijoe071681 View Post
    I take it you are referring to the broken o-ring situation? I do believe that you can fish a larger o-ring over the top of where the original o-ring would be and attach it to the t-bar. I'm not sure how accurate that description is, but I thought that was how I have heard it done.
    I might try a thinner, longer o-ring that could work! I don't collect them but I think I have a few good ones to sell. I would disclose the fixing before selling though.

Thats how I thought I heard of it being done. If you repair them I might be interested in some if you have shadow ninja, or maybe Ninja force depending on who you have.
    Welcome to the Island! http://www.cobraisland.com

Quote Originally Posted by gijoe071681 View Post
    Thats how I thought I heard of it being done. If you repair them I might be interested in some if you have shadow ninja, or maybe Ninja force depending on who you have.
    I will dig them out and see if I can muster up some pictures for you dude. Check my For Sale photobucket there are some unbroken ninja force up there already. LMK what you might be interested in.

After some thought and experimenting I found a solid way to repare the fixation points on the Defiant crawler where the 2 springs attach to the elevating beams.

Pictures say more then words, so here goes:

The part should look like this originally:

Perhaps because of the (continuous) stress over the years, or just improper use of the crank (anyone any ideas?), these fixation points are often found broken. To make the fixation point really solid, I removed the broken piece altogether and made a hole in the elevating beam to enable placement of a hook that's held in place with a screw. This hook is the kind that's normally used as part of a system to hang paintings on the wall. This is how the elevating beam looks with the hook in place:

In order for the spring to stay attached in the raised mode of the gantry (this is the mode in which the springs are more or less in a relax position), I just used some tape with a solid piece of ... (just about any material can be used) in it to fill the gap of the hook. I'm sure there are other ways as well, but this works just fine.

The size of this hook shortens the distance between fixation points a bit, which reduces the stress on the opposite fixation point (i.e. the grey bar to which the other end of the spring is attached, not visible in picture).

As a final note, my entire Defiant rests on a piece of board (1,8 cm. height), on 1 end a piece of wood (5 cm. height) is placed on top of the board (so 1 end is 1,8 cm. and the other 6,8 cm. height). The board itself is 32 cm. long and wide (square). It's a simple and effective way to keep the crawler wheels in good shape:

I need new screws. Not only for my own stuff, but a bunch of mint/near mint figures I want to sell.

The replacement screws from GIJoeHeaven stink.

Somebody told me you can buy identical leg/back screws at home depot. Is this true?

Can we add a link on the first post to a thread where we can see the difference between all the green tone of the 1982/83 Helmets. That would be nice...
    = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

My lists: For sale/ for trade, Wanted

Anyone ever try to fix thumbs? I tried one time using this car fixing goo that hardened into a plastic like substance, but it didn't always stick. I also had to cut down and sand the pieces. It didn't look pretty but often the figures could hold weapons again. Personally I'm more about functionality than aesthetics.
    I have a new site for my table top tactical role playing game for action figures and miniatures. Check it out at: http://thewayofwar.net/