Auction On Ebay. 1982-1983 Str/Swl Cobra Officer.

yojoe.com

Question Auction On Ebay. 1982-1983 Str/Swl Cobra Officer.

So I was doing my regular search on ebay for GIJOE items.. and I came across this offering by DC Sportscards.. this seller is well established on ebay.. and I've even bought from them before.. I can't say for sure if it is the picture but does this Cobra Enemy Officer have one swivel arm and one straight arm?
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GI-Joe-1982-83...QQcmdZViewItem
    You'll probably need to scroll down to ebays enlarged picture but to me it looks like the right arm is swivel and the left arm is straight..anyone else notice this?
    Last edited by Urban Saboteur; 10-26-2006 at 06:33 AM. Reason: Title Change
    I sometimes.... can be awesome?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

you are right. It also seems like maybe that emblem is a sticker.
    Chris

Maybe it's just the angle? It's hard to tell, but they both look like swivel arms to me.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Exclamation I mentioned the swivel/straight arm.

Sticker.. it looks that way, but looking at the right arm I can't see the line going across where the top arm seperates from the elbow joint to make it a swivel.. b'cos I can't see that line for whatever reason.. I suspected this might be a figure "done-up" arm replacements.. there isn't anything wrong with this.. but the person who done the figure could of at least selected the correct arm.. and indeed if DCsportscards know anything about Joes they should be mentioning this in the auction.

yeah, it's definately a swivel arm figure with a straight arm replacement arm. As for the emblem, it does look like there's a slight curved line near the bottom of the emblem signifying the edge of the sticker and I can't tell if it's how the emblem is or if it's the flash but there are no sharp edges on the emblem which seems to be a common problem with the stickers, however, I also don't see any raised areas where the sticker isn't completely flat against the body (Most stickers will have a raised corner or two because the body isn't a flat surface, it's curved)

From what I've noticed about DC Sportscards, is that he buys lots off of Ebay then resells them after he gets a complete set (figure, accessories...)

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with this (I buy from him often), but he might've just bought them from a lot, just did a quick check, and added it to Ebay.

The arm does look a little weird though... just glad that he always takes good closeup pictures so you know what it's going to look like and is pieced from 2 completely different figures (straight & swiveled)

Cool Emailed them.

Quote Originally Posted by psycho_klown66
    From what I've noticed about DC Sportscards, is that he buys lots off of Ebay then resells them after he gets a complete set (figure, accessories...)

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with this (I buy from him often), but he might've just bought them from a lot, just did a quick check, and added it to Ebay.

The arm does look a little weird though... just glad that he always takes good closeup pictures so you know what it's going to look like and is pieced from 2 completely different figures (straight & swiveled)
    I emailed them shortly after this post, they have said that its an oversight on their part and thanked me for bringing it to their attention. From what I gather they do have replacement figures to send to the winning bidder so its no big deal.