What aircraft would you want Hasbro to make next-ANY ERA - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Not me.

Quote Originally Posted by littlearmymen
    I would prefer that Hasbro produce a plane of their own design, or at the very most make something loosely based on real aircraft. E.g. Hurricane, Skyhawk, Condor, Firebat, etc. BBI, 21st Century Toys or Admiral Toys would do far better jobs producing accurate 1:18 aircraft.
    I'm quite the opposite, I like it better when the Joe's equipment and uniforms are simular to real military items. as a matter of fact, thats why my collection, aside from a few exeptions, doesn't really go past 1987.

It just kills me to send soldiers into combat with a bright red uniform, or have a pilot fly something without wings (rotary or fixed.)

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Yeah I know what you mean...I was referring to Hasbro designing new planes which are realistic but yet not based on any actual aircraft. I had the Ghoststriker back when it was released and compared with BBI's F-16 my Ace or Slipstream would rather pilot BBI's version anyday!

Actually now that I think about it some more I be really happy if Hasbro (or any other company) did a more detailed version of the YF-23 Black Widow II (perhaps with quality, scale and detail like the Night Raven). I really dislike the Storm Eagle version!
    Last edited by littlearmymen; 12-08-2006 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by djett
    I'm quite the opposite, I like it better when the Joe's equipment and uniforms are simular to real military items. as a matter of fact, thats why my collection, aside from a few exeptions, doesn't really go past 1987.
    I agree, same with me.
    Currently Looking For:
    An unbroken/mint; '83 HQ "base" (the big main part), 1 MG and 2 cameras; Brazil Gatilho.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

B-52 Strato Fortress.
    VISIT MY NEW COLLECTION AND COMMENT IT :

http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/brow...&imageuser=444

Anything from the X-plane category really.

On real world aircraft, I'd be most interested in a V-22 Osprey inspired craft. Although it would be nice to put a vehicle inside of it that we already have, like the AWE striker, I'd like to have it more handle-able as an aircraft than a playset. If I was in charge (if and when) of doing a Joe Osprey, I'd include a pair of recon bikes (like the RAM) and an ATV. Of course, I don't want an exact Osprey. I would want some changes, maybe an open side with some cannons (like an AC-130). And perhaps small forward pylons with rocket pods.

For a playset, I think a C-130 would be kind of neat.
    Last edited by Icebreaker; 12-08-2006 at 03:13 PM.

I would like for the big H to produce either the Osprey or F-117A. However, I do have to agree that if you want to go for detail, other companies such as PTE and BBI would do a better job.

I have just resorted to using and\or scratchbuilding 1:18 (or approximate scale) models for my Joes. I have a nicely scaled F-117A from Testor's that fits Joes in. So all I need to do is make a pilot (probably Raven from the tv episodes).

I like the c-130 idea and the idea of a raptor.

The cobras have the rattler and that is like the a-10 not to mention you can get a f-18 and the warthog from other toy companies.

I would really like to see a hind D for the october guard or one for cobra

Something eles.

For those of you who read the Comics in the begining, do you remember the Cobra helicopter. Kind of looked like a Sykorski sky crane. the first time I remember seeing it was the 1st G.I. joe year book. I load of Tele-vipers in Trouble Bubbles came out of it.

I'd like to see that,
    C. M.

Quote Originally Posted by 2LT VIPER
    I would really like to see a hind D for the october guard or one for cobra
    YES! That would be just perfect.
    Currently Looking For:
    An unbroken/mint; '83 HQ "base" (the big main part), 1 MG and 2 cameras; Brazil Gatilho.