What is your rarest joe? - Page 9

yojoe.com

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tattoo Shane
    No offence, but if you're referring to that Cobra Commander you posted over at TNI, then i'm afraid you're sorely mistaken if you think that is a prototype. To avoid taking this thread off topic, i've replied to your post there and explained why there's no way it's a prototype.

Here's a link to the TNI thread.
    http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showtopic=2027055
    I definitely dont want to mess with Insane Shane..lol. jk. You definitely know your stuff. Respect.
    looking for Satan´s Left Arm, the figure not the devil.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Mine are the 1995 Battle Rangers Flint and the crown jewel of my collection, the 1995 Battle Rangers Dr. Mindbender.

I've got a lot of foreign stuff, unproduced Asian figures and harder to find American toys but those pale in terms of rarity to the unproduced '95's.

Quote Originally Posted by Tattoo Shane
    No offence, but if you're referring to that Cobra Commander you posted over at TNI, then i'm afraid you're sorely mistaken if you think that is a prototype. To avoid taking this thread off topic, i've replied to your post there and explained why there's no way it's a prototype.

Here's a link to the TNI thread.
    I'm awaiting your response over at tni.

if anyone finds a v1 cobra commander that has plain rivets (not blue tinted), and no stamps on its inside torso please let me know, the only other one would be the one held by tazzman, which also has an abnormally large cobra symbol and completely hand painted with painted rivits.

thanks

-saboteur
    Last edited by cobrasaboteur; 01-03-2007 at 04:58 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I do not think that it is off topic to discuss rare figures and/or questions about authenticity in this thread.

Please feel free to post your thoughts on the subject as I have posted mine on TNI.

Quote Originally Posted by robot_sonic
    Mine are the 1995 Battle Rangers Flint and the crown jewel of my collection, the 1995 Battle Rangers Dr. Mindbender.

I've got a lot of foreign stuff, unproduced Asian figures and harder to find American toys but those pale in terms of rarity to the unproduced '95's.

i really wish this line would have made it on the market, from what i can tell from various prototypes found its looks really awesome, im trying hard to get what i can from 95 but its all htf, im hoping to find some things at the con this year, i would just love a 95 battle rangers dr mindbender fully painted prototype, for me he may just be the kewlest joe that would have been released for the year, well maybe someday some more will be available for sale when they clean out the wharehouses, hope hope

thanx for the kewl pictures

Quote Originally Posted by dfunk7
    i really wish this line would have made it on the market, from what i can tell from various prototypes found its looks really awesome, im trying hard to get what i can from 95 but its all htf, im hoping to find some things at the con this year, i would just love a 95 battle rangers dr mindbender fully painted prototype, for me he may just be the kewlest joe that would have been released for the year, well maybe someday some more will be available for sale when they clean out the wharehouses, hope hope

thanx for the kewl pictures
    Totally Agree...

That Mindbender is FREAKIN AWESOME!

Saboteur, Shane...

I'm the furthest from Expert on matters of Proto's.
    You both have good points though.

What I get from Shane's side is "If its not in the Louvre, its probably not the Mona Lisa"

But, Saboteur, You've got some interesting points. Did you ever find out where the seller got it from?

Extra info about cobra commander debate

In 1999 there was a gijoe convention in New york city, there was a seller named Steve campbell that was selling a cobra commander that was pictured on the back of the gijoe carrying case. It was about 90$. I asked him if I could compare the cobra logo to an actual carrying case but he didn't have one with him. So I didn't buy it and have no regrets.

Giggity giggity goo...... Volleydan's Avatar
    I've been able to acquire several items through the years that could be considered rare - here are probably the top 15:

Canadian Joe Con Black Ice (only 30 were made, only two got to America)
    Mickey Mouse CC
    2002 Convention "fuschia" set
    Marujo
    Ar Puro
    UK Jammer in sealed bubble
    Cobra De Aco (the nicest one I've ever seen)
    Night Striker with box
    Action Force MMS MIB
    Action Force Whirlwind MIB
    MOC "red and yellow" Beach Head from Funskool
    MOC "Steeler head" Zap from Funskool
    MOC "white" Iceberg from Funskool
    MOC Superhero from Funskool
    MOC Chinese Flint (with Falcon head)
    MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.....

Quote Originally Posted by Volleydan
    Canadian Joe Con Black Ice (only 30 were made, only two got to America)
    More then two made it to the states.