Illegally produced G.I.Joe accessories - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    As long as they are a different color than the original pieces, I don't care. Other than the rare missing microphones, I can't see much call for reproed G.I. Joe accessories. There are plenty of loose originals available to collectors.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I would hate to purchase something and then realize it was a cheap imitation.

If the sellers do not disclose or note that they are not the original accessories then they should be reported so that those items can be taken off the market.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Cobraghostship
    That would be funny to see a policy that stated: Counterfiet items are ok to sell ONLY if they are a different color than the original.LOL
    LOL! - Yeah, ..I guess that was kind of cheesy, ..but I tried.
    Cobraaaaaaaa!!!!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Syna3sthesia
    I would hate to purchase something and then realize it was a cheap imitation.

If the sellers do not disclose or note that they are not the original accessories then they should be reported so that those items can be taken off the market.
    The thing is he clearly states that these are reproductions and not originals. Personally it would only bother me if a seller passed off fakes as real ones. Case in point, you know that the Louise Vutton bags being sold in Time Square are fakes. The sellers don't say they're fake but you know they're fake. Here with these items you are clearly told by the seller that they are reproductions. For my purposes these don't bother me. I'm a collector that only collects for my benefit and not to resell. I have no intensions to sell my collection in my lifetime. If I were purchasing these from someone claiming them to be real, I'd be upset.

Similarly, there are certain items which I know i will never get to complete so two annt for my WORMS or a mic for my Hardtop is okay by me.

My two cents.
    What's left when honor's gone?
    Death is the best kick of all, why do you think God saved it for last?

yeah but whats gonna happen is they will change hands a few times and before you know it they'll be thinking they are originals without knowing better, and sooner or later you'll have bought one and find out once you recieved it that its a fake

I think the whole practice of reproduction parts is disgusting. It's something done by lazy or dishonest people who are looking to either get rare items for their collection without effort OR they are defrauding honest collectors.

Either way, it's scumbaggery all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by RedClaw
    I think the whole practice of reproduction parts is disgusting. It's something done by lazy or dishonest people who are looking to either get rare items for their collection without effort OR they are defrauding honest collectors.

Either way, it's scumbaggery all the way!

Dishonest, yes. Lazy? No. It does take money and effort for someone to make reproductions like that. It's not like knock-off of Transformers where some company in China has posession of old figure molds.

Quote Originally Posted by MikePrime
    Dishonest, yes. Lazy? No. It does take money and effort for someone to make reproductions like that. It's not like knock-off of Transformers where some company in China has posession of old figure molds.
    No, it is lazy on the part of someone who buys an exact reproduction. Instead of collecting as a hobby it a "gimme gimme gimme now now now cheap cheap cheap!" mentality, something that in the long run is bad for any collectible or associated line.

Lazy is exactly the word I would choose when it takes someone six years to find that perfect Hardtop w/ gun and mic and some jerk remakes them exactly and then sells those reproductions for $20 a pop to people who don't care enough about collecting to search them out.

Lazy sir, lazy.

i agree with terry. i take a lot of pride in my collection and i enjoy hunting down those hard to find pieces. that is a big reason why i collect. i think it lowers the value and collectability by having repro parts. even when hasbro themselves reproduce weapons it is sometimes frustrating having to compare them to find the originals.

Why not just put a little stamped logo into the stock of the guns that cant be filed off, then it wouldnt be so easy to pass it as original and it could keep its signature color intact. I would love to have extra rifles for several of my vipers that dont have them, but unlike some others I dont have the money to spend that much on something that small (kids, house payment and other bills take precedence), even these repros are too expensive for me. I collect because I like the toys, it has nothing to do with the value of them, if they where worth nothing at all I would still collect them because I like them. Calling me lazy because I would use a repro is personally insulting. Its not about the trouble of hunting them down, its the trouble of paying $10 for a tiny piece of plastic when I have other things more important to pay for. Should I have to go with unarmed soldiers because my family life comes first? Thats seems very selfish to me. I would much rather pay a little and have my guys be complete than blow my whole wad on two guns and still need ten more. Real ones are just plain expensive, and anyone I know would say someone was a complete idiot for spending that kind of money on one little tiny toy gun. For me its not about being original, its about looking original so my guys kick [admin edited - keep it clean] in the display case. I fully understand the diehard collectors being upset at these things, but please dont insult those of us that cant afford the real thing but want our guys to look complete. Perhaps if a letter was written to this guy making the guns, to put some form of engraved marking into the gun (his logo on the stock or something) maybe he would do that and it would make them incapable of being passed as the real thing.
    Last edited by RedClaw; 01-04-2007 at 06:29 PM.
    Net-Viper X
    Cobra Command Computer Interface Expert

Net-Viper X's G.I.Joe Customization Archive