Illegally produced G.I.Joe accessories - Page 4

yojoe.com

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 172
  1. #31
    Member cobraferret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Somewhere I can be anywhere at anytime:)
    Posts
    1,629
    I was tempted awhile back to buy the repro firefly walkie talkie,but I waited and found an original one for $20.I know it was alot to pay.I can't stand repro parts.It hurts the hobby and the fun of tracking one down.Someday these parts are going to be in the wrong hands and the only way to figure out if it is real or not is to pay afa a high fee to authenticate it.Just my 2 cents

  2. Remove Advertisements

    Advertisements
     

  3. #32
    Although Hasbro’s position is very clear. I personally don’t care if there repo’s or not, my collection is for me only. I would however like to know if I’m buying a repo or not, But if I can’t tell the difference then ignorance is bliss.

    I know and understand how you fellas who enjoy the minutiae of collecting feel and I support that, know body wants to feel like they’ve been had. But for me personally I don’t buy my Joe’s for what I feel they will be worth latter, they are not for sale, I don’t care what someone eles is paying for a particular item, I pay what I can afford or feel that its worth

    I like to set up dio’s and scenes and I like to customize my Joe’s. If I needed Heavy Metal’s mike (I don’t BTW) then I’d rather pay a $1 than $10, just for aesthetics’. This doesn’t make me less of a collector than some of you just a different type.

    Hey, no hard feeling just my $.02.
    C. M.

  4. #33

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Net-Viper X
    Sir, your taking things way out of proportion here. I never once stated my priorities where superior to anyones, just that I dont have enough money for both and the family has to come first for me. And I have chastised noone about having a full catalogued collection, I think thats awesome, and if I had the time and money, mine would be that way too. I have spent thousands over the years on my joes. I have been collecting joes since 82 when they came out, and that is where I got the majority of them new at the store. I love collecting and dont plan on stopping any time soon. My complaint was about being called lazy because I cant afford now to spend $10 on a rifle for a figure I got for less than $3 when he was new. Once apon a time I spent every extra penny on my Cobras, but now I just dont have the extra cash. Its not like Im gonna slap them on ebay with a big $$$ and try to get rich. These guys are for my personal enjoyment. A lot of my figures have lost the weapons over the years and I would love to replace them but at the prices of real items it just wouldnt be a possiblity for me.

    I made no attemp at a personal attack upon you. I wasnt trying to offend you or the community, I was just trying to explain and or justify why I would use these rifles and how it would help my personal collection to be more satisfying to me. Sorry for the offense.

    I find it funny that a few years ago, these same forums (before a lot of you joined...) had quite a few people making repros, and no one (the majority at least) didn't seem to mind. If I recall correctly during the beginning of army building that a lot of people were jazzed about the repros...It's been years since I've frequented these forums much, but the attitude sure has changed!

    I personally feel repros have a place in the collecting community. I have no problem with them.

  5. Remove Advertisements

    Advertisements
     

  6. #34
    Resigned in Protest
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    1,574
    Quote Originally Posted by jabba the drunk
    You guys have to take a step back and look at what is the most important part about exact reproductions...the BIG PICTURE for the hobby.

    Repros destroy collectible hobbies (or at least seriously erode confidence & interest in the hobby)

    *snip snip*

    Why give people just another reason (reproductions) to not want to enter the hobby? So a handful of devious people can make a few bucks on Ebay? Is it worth it?

    -Peter
    More true words have never been spoken Peter.

    Is it really worth losing the legitimacy of the hobby, having false products and bootlegs out there, just so there's instant gratification?

    Seems like a huge waste of the community, the hobby, and all of the work that's been done to archive and identify G.I.Joe over the years just so some people don't have to put forth the time and effort to buy real, legitimate items. That's pretty sad, really.


    But as I've said before, this is where the two ideologies on collecting divert into different directions. Playthings vs. collectibles.
    Last edited by RedClaw; 01-05-2007 at 11:33 AM.

  7. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by wyattburp
    I find it funny that a few years ago, these same forums (before a lot of you joined...) had quite a few people making repros, and no one (the majority at least) didn't seem to mind. If I recall correctly during the beginning of army building that a lot of people were jazzed about the repros...It's been years since I've frequented these forums much, but the attitude sure has changed!

    I personally feel repros have a place in the collecting community. I have no problem with them.
    http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.p...ighlight=repro I believe its only been a few months since exact replicas have been available!

  8. #36
    Resigned in Protest
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    1,574
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobraghostship
    http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.p...ighlight=repro I believe its only been a few months since exact replicas have been available!
    I don't think that he was exactly referring to reproduced items, but rather after market accessories like Marauder Inc. It's easy to want to make a connection between the two, but in actuality, they're apples and oranges.

    Reproduction parts like the now defunct J&R were not okay and were shut down by Hasbro because 1. It's illegal. 2. Because it's unethical 3. It's bad for the longevity of the brand and the scale.

  9. #37
    There is one thing that needs to be pointed out. Has anyone ever felt, maybe just once, like a complete fool for having paid a lot of money for a G.I. Joe? It might not even be your fault, as a high price might be the norm for some figures or vehicles. Has anyone ever felt bad about a purchase?

  10. #38
    When I first looked up vintage Star Wars figures on Ebay I thought they would be worth alot more than they are.They too have alot of repro weapons being made,could that be the reason?In fact I searched "replacement" in the whole toys section on ebay and the majority of repro parts were star wars and gi joe.How come no Transformer repros?!

  11. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePrime
    There is one thing that needs to be pointed out. Has anyone ever felt, maybe just once, like a complete fool for having paid a lot of money for a G.I. Joe? It might not even be your fault, as a high price might be the norm for some figures or vehicles. Has anyone ever felt bad about a purchase?
    If I bought a Heavy Metal a year ago for $199 I would probably be feeling bad right now.

  12. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobraghostship
    When I first looked up vintage Star Wars figures on Ebay I thought they would be worth alot more than they are.They too have alot of repro weapons being made,could that be the reason?In fact I searched "replacement" in the whole toys section on ebay and the majority of repro parts were star wars and gi joe.How come no Transformer repros?!
    I think there is one, but I think they have their own website. They are not on ebay. There was once another guy who made repro-parts for Transformers, but he got shut down by Hasbro, even though a different parts maker was more prominent.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •