Illegally produced G.I.Joe accessories

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
    Banned

Illegally produced G.I.Joe accessories

I don't know how the rest of you feel about the repro-accessories being sold on eBay, but I don't like it. I contacted Hasbro and gave them the names of the sellers on eBay who are producing and selling repro G.I.Joe accessories on eBay. Am I alone here on thinking this is wrong what these people are doing?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

no i think its total bull too, because you know somehow some one will be thingking that they are getting original parts, maybe not from first sells, but as they keep changing hands more and more people will think they are getting originals, little will they know they are getting ripped off, plus these sellers are still trying to get alot for knockoffs, its crazy and i dont like it, if you cant find or afford the originals you should just keep looking untill they pop up for cheap, i find those types of things all the time, i just found 16 flagg decks clips and 2 y pins on ebay for like $10 they are out there if your willing to find them

I don't have a problem with CUSTOM accessories, but replicas are a bad thing.

Everytime I buy an old fig of ebay, I find myself hoping the weapon is original, whereas it shouldn't even come to mind.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

For those items which normally sell for a substantial amount, as long there were enough of a difference between the color or shape between the repros and originals, they'd be OK with me. When you can't tell the difference until you have them in hand (and even then it's hard), that's where the trouble starts
    My G.I. Joe Store
    $1.99 or less bargains! (with low prices in ALL categories)
    --» Wanted

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick A. Riley
    For those items which normally sell for a substantial amount, as long there were enough of a difference between the color or shape between the repros and originals, they'd be OK with me. When you can't tell the difference until you have them in hand (and even then it's hard), that's where the trouble starts
    I don't even like them when they're different shapes. The mics are small as it is, a slightly different shape most likely will not be distinguishable in an Ebay picture. Different colored parts are the only thing I'm cool with.
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.

Counterfeits, (((((unauthorized replicas))))), unauthorized items (such as counterfeit watches, handbags, or other accessories) or unauthorized copies (such as copies of software programs, video games, music albums, movies, television programs, or photographs) are not permitted on eBay. Unauthorized copies include (but are not limited to) copies that are pirated, duplicated, backed-up or bootlegged. It is illegal to sell unauthorized copies of media.........All these listings should be reported to Ebay for listing violations!!Fake parts defeat to whole purpose and fun of collecting!

Banned
    I found this under "eBay policies":

Counterfeits, unauthorized replicas, unauthorized items (such as counterfeit watches, handbags, or other accessories) or unauthorized copies (such as copies of software programs, video games, music albums, movies, television programs, or photographs) are not permitted on eBay. Unauthorized copies include (but are not limited to) copies that are pirated, duplicated, backed-up or bootlegged. It is illegal to sell unauthorized copies of media.

So, not only did I report the seller in question to Hasbro, I let eBay know about what he is doing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe
    I don't even like them when they're different shapes. The mics are small as it is, a slightly different shape most likely will not be distinguishable in an Ebay picture. Different colored parts are the only thing I'm cool with.
    Thats how I feel. Only if the counterfiets are different colors I'm okay with, and thats it. AND.. Illegal or Legal (doesn't matter), they should be listed as repro's firsthand.

It's a terrible feeling when you begin to question the originality of your accessories. Although, I'm not worried as mush as most, as I've bought most of my GI-Joe figures and vehicles in a few little shops downtown, where I know the people. BUT.. a good 25% of my collection was either bought or traded online (not ebay though, just board members).. only these I'm concerned with. (only because I've noticed alot of fellow board members buy from ebay sellers).

Sorry for rambling....
    - Jd.
    Last edited by Cobra-Loyalist; 01-04-2007 at 01:09 PM.
    Cobraaaaaaaa!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra-Loyalist
    Thats how I feel. Only if the counterfiets are different colors I'm okay with, and thats it. AND.. Illegal or Legal (doesn't matter), they should be listed as repro's firsthand.

It's a terrible feeling when you begin to question the originality of your accessories. Although, I'm not worried as mush as most, as I've bought most of my GI-Joe figures and vehicles in a few little shops downtown, where I know the people. BUT.. a good 25% of my collection was either bought or traded online (not ebay though, just board members).. only these I'm concerned with. (only because I've noticed alot of fellow board members buy from ebay sellers).

Sorry for rambling....
    - Jd.
    That would be funny to see a policy that stated: Counterfiet items are ok to sell ONLY if they are a different color than the original.LOL

If the item is listed at a Reproduction and is a different color, I have no problem with it. I can't attest to who you are talking about because there is no link to the auction. But, this person might be trying to cater to the Non-collector type.... the customizer. Which I can say I am apart of. Not only do I collect, I also "deface" figures to make new ones. Now if I had the availability to cheaper parts that are not real, I'd use that instead. Just to keep the real ones out there for those that want to use it for the collection purpose.
    You also have to think that Hasbro won't be making anymore 3 3/4 scale Joes after the said anniversary series. Look how long it's been since they have shown the 4th series of DTC stuff and it's still not on shelves. Something tells me they won't be hard looking at this seller since they are getting out of the game. Unless their lawyers are just bored and jump on the chance to do something.
    Good, Bad, I'm the one with the tatt.
    Corey