Tiny things that bugs you with an otherwise good figure

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tiny things that bugs you with an otherwise good figure

It's when you have a great figure, and then you discover a tiny thing thay always bugs your when you look at that figure.
    I have a few figures where this happend. Topside is one of them, nice figure, but his yellow demon eyes bugs me. Blaster is another. If you look at his bare piece of arm, you'll see that it has wrinkles. So either he has some very blobby arms, or a flesh coloured shirt.

Has this ever happend to you? Is there any tiny details that bug you?
    I'm a Joe-fan stuck in Europe....sigh.....

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Pretty much all of the Comic 3 packs- the figures are great but there is always something wrong with the plastic and their hands that make it impossible for them to handle weapons. I have the three pack of Snakes, Stalker, and Storm shadow and Storm Shadow is so bad that his hand looks deformed.

I never really though that Hasbro did a great job capturing the female figures either- especially Lady Jaye and Zarana. Great characters, mediocre figs.

Quote Originally Posted by Currahee_Chris
    Pretty much all of the Comic 3 packs- the figures are great but there is always something wrong with the plastic and their hands that make it impossible for them to handle weapons. I have the three pack of Snakes, Stalker, and Storm shadow and Storm Shadow is so bad that his hand looks deformed.

I never really though that Hasbro did a great job capturing the female figures either- especially Lady Jaye and Zarana. Great characters, mediocre figs.
    Those hands are easy to fix, just dip them in really hot water and the plastic will regain its original shape. You can even pinch them together a little bit while the plastic is still soft to get an even better grip, then run it under cold water.

But I agree, the comic figures in general are good examples of this. It's a great idea, and I love the headsculpts, but the fact that they felt the need to replace the lost crotches, arms, etc really bothers me. Duke is especially annoying, as those arms are obviously sculpted as bare arms, but they painted the tops green to make it seem like he's got short sleeves. The arms on Steeler were really bad too... I sold mine off but I remember them looking like the upper half was sculpted with rolled sleeves, and there seemed to be gloves that were painted in flesh on the lower half.
    Currently Looking For:
    An unbroken/mint; '83 HQ "base" (the big main part), 1 MG and 2 cameras; Brazil Gatilho.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I hate the newer figures and the ones where they are so bulby armed that they can not hold weapons in the prone. The new sculpt viper was like that. The RAH figures could be made to look like they were in the prone. The new ones can not. The beach head figure had gigantic gloves and could not hold weapons well......

I also hated the tiny hand guns molded to the figures.

I hate the armored vehicles that had glass cockpits like the hiss...

Quote Originally Posted by 2LT VIPER
    I hate the armored vehicles that had glass cockpits like the hiss...
    That's always sort of bugged me too, to be quite honest. I also don't like its high silhouette.

However, I can't help but like the HISS, so I have to justify it by the fact that it's primarily a scout/recon vehicle (which seems to be supported by its acronym), although it was never used that way in the comic or cartoon.
    Currently Looking For:
    An unbroken/mint; '83 HQ "base" (the big main part), 1 MG and 2 cameras; Brazil Gatilho.

I loved Shipwreck, but hated his pirate pistol. I'm glad that the MOTH set 3 version of Shipwreck comes with a cool machine gun.

I love the Night Viper figure, but his standard weapon cannot be held correctly.

Sci-Fi V1. The Bright Green and Silver always bugged me. He was really the first bright "Neon" figure well before the 90s hit. If he had been Oilve Drab and Black instead of Neon Green and Silver I think he would have been a much better figure.
    Last edited by RamaSha007; 01-10-2007 at 05:13 AM.

Well those cobra troopers in the comic pack with Lady Jaye drive me crazy...lol I want to put some extra cobra 1982 heads on them but I don't have any more.

Quote Originally Posted by DPrime

But I agree, the comic figures in general are good examples of this. It's a great idea, and I love the headsculpts, but the fact that they felt the need to replace the lost crotches, arms, etc really bothers me. Duke is especially annoying, as those arms are obviously sculpted as bare arms, but they painted the tops green to make it seem like he's got short sleeves. .
    They finally put short (rolled-up) sleeves with the Duke v1 chest when the did the comic book 'Nam flashback Stalker. It only took them 3 reissues! I suspect if the did Duke again...they'd still use those bare arms.

Actually, I think you can make a short-sleeved green-shirt Duke if you had that Issue 26 packs. Put Duke's head on Stalker's torso and replace the arms with the Nam Snake Eye's. I meant to do this, but suprisingly TRU sold out the comic pack before I got around to getting another copy.