Any Minor League Baseball Fans?

yojoe.com

Any Minor League Baseball Fans?

Are there any minor league baseball fans out there? Personally I am a season ticket holder for both the Clearwater Threshers (Philly's Advanced A Team) and the Dunedin Blue Jays (Toronto's Advanced A Team) of the Florida State League.

I have been going to minor league games since I was very young. I grew up in Fresno, CA and we had the Giant's Single A team. Then after they moved to San Jose, we had an independent team for a year, but after they moved to Salinas, we were stuck driving out to Visalia for games.

Whenever I make it back out to Fresno, I try to get to a couple of the Grizzlies (Giant's AAA Team) games, as my father is one of the team's photographers and my little brother does some video work for them, so I get access to the clubhouse, etc.

I prefer the lower levels, but all minor league baseball is fun. It is just so much more enjoyable than the major league games. But that being said, Spring Training is around the corner and that is always fun.
    Guillaume le Conquerant - GIJoeCollector - YoJoeDavis

"SWEET DONKEY!"-- The Maniacal Smile

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I like the Frederick Keys(Orioles farm team)
    That is where I met Pete Rose Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by cobraferret
    I like the Frederick Keys(Orioles farm team)
    That is where I met Pete Rose Jr.
    Cool, you got to meet "Re-Pete"... that was one of my favorite cards growing up the "Pete and Re-Pete" with a pic of father and son.

I've met a few former big leaguers (as minor league coaching staff), but the only "big" name was Gary Carter... we had an incident, but made nice a couple of days later. The others were mostly roleplayers like Larry Herndon, Luis Sojo, Ricky Bones, Darold Knowles (World Series Record Holder), Gregg Gross, Ramon Aviles, Luis Salazar, etc. I did get to meet a couple of guys on rehab assignments last season like Jon Lieber, Tom "Flash" Gordon and Sal Fasano.
    Guillaume le Conquerant - GIJoeCollector - YoJoeDavis

"SWEET DONKEY!"-- The Maniacal Smile

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I used to catch a bunch of the Tucson Sidewinders games – the Arizona Diamondbacks Triple-A affiliate…

Actually I used to catch them a lot back in tha day when they were still called the Tucson Toros (before the D-Backs existed).

Haven’t gone and seen them for quite a while, but I love baseball be it major or minor league. Just haven't had time...
    "O wad some Power the giftie gie us
    To see oursels as ithers see us! "